[Theme] iOS Theme Port

USCChem

Reaction score
[Theme] iOS Theme Port - No Wipe, New Version With Dock Background

This theme was created by samspoon of XDA-developers.
His original thread: [10/1][THEME] ios theme for MIUI revision 3.9 - xda-developers

The main shebang of the theme is that it changes a lot of icons to look like iOS and it also changes a lot of that odd biege color to more of a steel color. That's the part I really like. Also, it changes the font to the iPod/Mac advertisement font. I believe the font is actually a freeware rip-off of Adobe Myriad. :)

Edit: A wipe is no longer required for it to work. I added a script to the installation that torches the old icons so that the MIUI launcher creates new icons — making all your icons the iOS style squares instead of the curvy kind. Please do a nandroid just to be safe. :) Also, I can say that your launcher will probably force-close one time on the first time you boot up, but it should only happen the first time. After that it should work fine.

UPDATE:
-New version!
-This is for MIUI v4.1.1 which you can get from Team D1's website.
-The SMS app is now really different in MIUI, which means the background doesn't even exist as a file anymore. Meaning theming it would take a lot of technical work with XML files and such, and I'm not a fan of doing that. So the SMS app is basically the same. Sowwy. :p

Download here:
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~dacre/iOS-Zeta4X.zip

I can't guarantee I'll fix any bugs that may exist, because it's not my theme and it is unlikely that any bugs are due to the porting process. :p But let me know, I s'pose.

Wah.
Over and out.
Oh and please don't be a little hooker and complain about wah-wah why are you imitating iOS. Okay, look. The problem with that is that I bet 5 minutes ago you were just trumpeting how Macs and iPhones only have looks and not performance, blah blah, now you're saying you don't like the looks — make up your mind, and make it up somewhere other than my thread. Stop talk talk talking that blah blah blah.

Edit — Screenies
screens.jpg

Last edited:

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
Thanks for the port! Don't suppose you'd want to post some screen shots?

Edit: Thanks for the screens

Last edited:
OP
USCChem

USCChem

Reaction score
You can try it without wiping it, the worst that will happen is just your Launcher will display the old icons. Like I said, I'm not sure that it won't work. It might work.

lurch81

Reaction score
I'm going to try this without wiping will let you guys know

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

lurch81

Reaction score
Before
4a645e45-6de0-9f8b.jpg

After
4a645e45-6e2b-a4a4.jpg

Looks like it worked without wiping thx for porting this!
Anyway to get the dock to have a background like iphone?

OP
USCChem

USCChem

Reaction score
Before
4a645e45-6de0-9f8b.jpg

After
4a645e45-6e2b-a4a4.jpg

Looks like it worked without wiping thx for porting this!
Anyway to get the dock to have a background like iphone?

Thanks!
I'm not sure about the dock... I will hunt around and see if there's an image corresponding to the dock or something.
You might wanna try the new version I uploaded, it should turn all your desktop icons into squares instead of curved icons. But do a nandroid backup first, just in case!

lurch81

Reaction score
Ok yeah I backed up first and I'm trying out the delta one now... Think only thing missing is dock background

lurch81

Reaction score
Nice even better all icons are square now love the font! Now just to theme dock background. If you need the image i have one for launcherpro up can use maybe

ClownPrince79

Reaction score
Nice even better all icons are square now love the font! Now just to theme dock background. If you need the image i have one for launcherpro up can use maybe

Will this work on the "X"

lurch81

Reaction score
Anyone have the iphone 4 wallpaper?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
This theme seems about as wrong as Reggie bush winning the heisman

OP
USCChem

USCChem

Reaction score
While I appreciate the amusing USC reference, haha, as I said in the first post, this is NOT a place for criticizing the concept of having an iOS theme for the Droid. Thanks in advance for your consideration, I really appreciate keeping wholly irrelevant discussion clearly intended solely to be inflammatory with no critical or constructive value out of this thread. =]