MIUI Themed Icons

nvillamob

Reaction score
I was going to try to do some of these by myself but it doesn't look like I've got the software and/or knowhow to do it. Would you mind making these in the MIUI style? thanks.

http://c1.inspiredeconomist.com/files/2008/11/wellsfargologo.jpg

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/profile-ak-snc4/object3/502/8/n36208991073_4276.jpg

http://www.housebeautiful.com/cm/housebeautiful/images/hbx-0310-pandora-app-de-25131197.jpg

http://www.zahipedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/zahipedia_espn.jpg

There are a few others that I'd still need after this, but this would be a great start. thanks a lot!

Reaction score
i just tried replacing most icons inside the framework using 7zip and android commander and when i reloaded the framework and rebooted the phone i kept getting fc had to do a restore any idea?

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
i just tried replacing most icons inside the framework using 7zip and android commander and when i reloaded the framework and rebooted the phone i kept getting fc had to do a restore any idea?

Not sure what Android Commander is but I'm assuming you pushed this to your phone while Android was still running? If so, don't do that. You can only replace framework-res via recovery.

andmer

Reaction score

Attachments

• Android-Opera-Mini-256.png
    Android-Opera-Mini-256.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 719
  • Android-Opera-Mini-Android-256.png
    Android-Opera-Mini-Android-256.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 3,453

andmer

Reaction score
I tried making some of my own following the directions.

came out ok I think?

Attachments

• opera1-black.png
    opera1-black.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 412
  • opera1-white.png
    opera1-white.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 359
  • opera2-black.png
    opera2-black.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 460
  • opera2-white.png
    opera2-white.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 384
  • opera-grd.png
    opera-grd.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 416

XCellFoneSalesRep

Reaction score
Yea, just double click its icon. Alternatively, you can right click on the layer and goto "Edit Contents". Smart Objects are live-savers. Learn them!

This is what I see when I double click where you indicated. I'm running photoshop 7.0. Is that part of the problem?

Oh wow, you are 5 versions behind. I don't think Smart Objects were even introduced back then.

You can still get it to work, though, without using smart objects. Just replace the artwork on that layer with whatever you want. Make sure you do not modify the mask to the right of it.

I think he means he is running Photoshop "Elements" 7.0, NOT Photoshop CS4 or CS5...

Dr.Soul

Reaction score
hey im not finding all the icons in the customized icon folder. where would i find like the email and browser icons as well?

They are embedded into the framework-res.apk.

How can I edit these .png files post install I have a version of the rom where I have changed out all these files. But not wanting to wipe my phone and re-install. Is there a way to change out .png(phone/contacts) via root explorer?

nvillamob

Reaction score
I installed a trial version of CS5 and tried my hand with some of these icons. They're small (48x48) because that's what looks best on my phone. Thought I'd share.

Attachments

• pandora.png
    pandora.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 1,189
  • espn.png
    espn.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 1,386
  • handcent.png
    handcent.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 1,255
  • shazam blue.png
    shazam blue.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 1,233
  • winamp.png
    winamp.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 1,207

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can I request some icons? I've never modded anything or created although I am trying my best right now to learn. Nor do I have photoshop, but I hope to get it. But until then, do you think one of you could make some for me? If not, I understand.

Oh, and what size are the MIUI icons? That way I'll know if I ever get the chance to create some of my own

EDIT: Or is that what the template is for?

alwayshalfway

Reaction score
Wait, why are these icons 96x96? Did I miss something? I've combed the entire post and all of the replies...and none of them are 256x256 :(

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
How are you guys making these?:/ I'm looking at the template and what not but where do you get the image and all that? And someone said something about instructions and I'm not finding any instructions...

EDIT: I didn't see the instructions at first. I thought it was inside the template. But how do you open the layer window? I'm new to Photoshop. In the bottom right corner it shows an icon sized the same that's named art but if I double click that, a Layer Mask Display Options comes up so it's obviously not the right thing. And how are you creating the icons? Like getting the pic and everything

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
I installed a trial version of CS5 and tried my hand with some of these icons. They're small (48x48) because that's what looks best on my phone. Thought I'd share.

48x48 is NOT MIUI resolution. Thanks for sharing, but I'm afraid these will never be used by most people.