Microsoft Officially Announces the Xbox One

Briankbl

Reaction score
And of course, revealing more games in-depth.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did a quick scan in the threads and forgive me if I just missed it. Is there going to be backwards compatibility with the current XBox games? My guess is no because of something I read recently.

Briankbl

Reaction score
All I'm trying to say is that since M$ has already revealed their new console and Sony has decided to wait until E3 to actually reveal theirs, it's ok to write an article on the one that popped up first. Once the PS4 is revealed, then an article will be written about it. Doesn't matter if games have been announced or not. It's not about the games, it's the hardware.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

And the Sony conference unveiled all that, they just didn't actually show the box. The specs and features of the console were all released!

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I did a quick scan in the threads and forgive me if I just missed it. Is there going to be backwards compatibility with the current XBox games? My guess is no because of something I read recently.

I've heard no, also, but I don't think it's been officially announced yet.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
And the Sony conference unveiled all that, they just didn't actually show the box. The specs and features of the console were all released!

My main argument is the box being revealed. The actual console itself. Xbox One has been shown = article. PS4 has not been shown = no article...

Briankbl

Reaction score
My main argument is the box being revealed. The actual console itself. Xbox One has been shown = article. PS4 has not been shown = no article...

This article is titled "Microsoft Officially Announces The Xbox One". Well, Sony officially announced the PS4, went in-depth on the hardware and features of the console, and showed more game demos than Microsoft did. Sony's game demos were all in engine. Half of Microsoft's demos were fake cgi trailers.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
This article is titled "Microsoft Officially Announces The Xbox One". Well, Sony officially announced the PS4, went in-depth on the hardware and features of the console, and showed more game demos than Microsoft did. Sony's game demos were all in engine. Half of Microsoft's demos were fake cgi trailers.

Ok. Fine. Whatever you say. I'm not going to argue about it anymore.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Xbox one lost at used games scenario.. I am not going to be paying for gamefly and pay Microsoft again for used games and pay for Live on top of that..

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Xbox one lost at used games scenario.. I am not going to be paying for gamefly and pay Microsoft again for used games and pay for Live on top of that..

They're really doing that?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Incoming opinion......Xbox ONE does everything the PS4 does but better, not to mention all the other things the ONE can do that the PS4 cannot. In my humble opinion, Sony just got left in the dust today and the buzz on the netz seems to reflect that.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Incoming opinion......Xbox ONE does everything the PS4 does but better, not to mention all the other things the ONE can do that the PS4 cannot. In my humble opinion, Sony just got left in the dust today and the buzz on the netz seems to reflect that.

I say let the reviews tell the story. I am sure once they get in the hands of users and we see a side by side a winner will be determined. Microsoft better do a better job this go round with building a device that last. No one wants to spend over $500 to get something that fails to last. For me it will be about who can offer me the best experience (mainly with madden) at a better deal. Cheaper does not mean better if I am having to shell out $15 bucks here and $7 bucks there for extra services.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I beg to differ about news of the Xbox One reveal....ALOT of upset ppl (gamers) for certain features of the system. I do want one.....but some things today kinda put me off of it. The gamer in me wants both systems tho. I wont go into detail but I was like hmmmm.....when I saw the reveal too...hmmmmm not in a good way....lol. The details after the reveal is hurting MS big time.

Sony has a chance to one up MS before the consoles even come out. I want that Illumi Room thing tho for the Xbox. Check out the videos:

IllumiRoom - Microsoft Research

If thats tied to the Xbox One...they might have a guaranteed sale in me.....just need a bigger living room....cant use my Kinect as is....lol.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey! <sarcasm>It plays this new thing called new thing called blue ray discs!</sarcasm> Thats pretty cool.