1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Rumor] Microsoft Plans to Bring Xbox Live Games to iOS and Android

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 9, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

This almost looks like a case of a company competing with itself, but in the long run will probably be a wise move on Microsoft's part. Microsoft has indirectly announced plans to bring Xbox Live Games to both iOS and Android, instead of keeping it exclusive to Windows Phone 7. Apparently, there is a job posting with Microsoft that details these exact plans. The job posting says,

An unnamed developer for Microsoft commented on the subject,

Interestingly, for now, Microsoft still advertises the Windows Phone 7 platform as the only one where you can get Xbox Live service; however, if they don't move into the iOS and Android markets they would basically be conceding that ground to Sony's PSN Network in the future, which is an unlikely strategic mistake on their part.

Source: BusinessInsider
  2. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Well-Known Member

This is pretty awesome. I'm excited to see Xbox Live games (possibly) coming to my Android.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid
  3. braveone772

braveone772 New Member

I do like the idea of having an actual Microsoft branded XBox App...very intriguing.
  4. Android Sparkles

Android Sparkles New Member

Eh, I can honestly say that it doesn't sound appealing to me. Actually it is about as appealing as playing leap frog with Unicorns. I guess it is mainly because I am a PlayStation girl all the way. But I guess to some people oilut there it will be good.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. eagle923

eagle923 Member

This is just a case of Microsoft being a company that knows how to make money. Yes, they'll be competing with their own phone platform but with the significant cashflow this will bring I'm guessing they won't care.

Xbox is one of the divisions doing great for MS, so spreading it out is just good business sense.