[ROM] Maverick Rom for the Droid 3 (MavROM) - V4.5

GreenSnow

Reaction score
I have safestrap 1.08 installed now, can I update safestrap without going back to stock? Running Mavrom 4.5 now. Will I lose my stock backup? Thanks Chris

I don't think you need to update safestrap. I could be wrong though

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
I have safestrap 1.08 installed now, can I update safestrap without going back to stock? Running Mavrom 4.5 now. Will I lose my stock backup? Thanks Chris
-----
I am running 4.5 ROM on using the 1.08 safestrap and all is well with my end.

alowbman

Reaction score
I am running 4.5 on Safestrap 1.08 with no problems, but i am likely upgrading to 2.0 this weekend just because.

Sent from my DROID3 powered by MavRom 4.5

zzcs7879

Reaction score
Anyone has a idea if this rom works for GSM network. And what setting is necessary to change from CDMA to GSM.

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Just flashed the update from 4.0, Everything seems to be working awesome, no hick-ups at all. Wiped data/cache both before and after.

quick question, when I OC through the toolbox, it doesn't seem to change the indicator telling me the current speed on the bottom, is this normal?

Also (sorry if this has been addressed, i read through to forum already) have the themes not been "updated"?

UPDATE: after a couple reboots OC works fine, it changes the indicator, and seems to be a little snappier :)

The Themes still don't work, but that seems to be a common problem.

THANKS for the great ROM!

boazal

Reaction score
Anyone has a idea if this rom works for GSM network. And what setting is necessary to change from CDMA to GSM.

open build.prop to change default network to 3

ro.telephony.default_network=3 (4 => CDMA).

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
open build.prop to change default network to 3

ro.telephony.default_network=3 (4 => CDMA).
Yeh GSM works fine. I used mavrom even without the above. Just tried =3 for the first time and it removes the ability to chose CDMA which is good. I do think you have to adjust it before flashing the ROM. I tried it before but it didn't stick on reboot.
Btw does it now also stop asking to switch to global mode when no reception?

Anyway 1.1ghz seems to be stable for now.
Oh btw, I can't find assisted dialing option any more. Not that I care, but I used to turn them all off. Has it been removed in .906 or mavrom 4.5?

boazal

Reaction score
Yeh GSM works fine. I used mavrom even without the above. Just tried =3 for the first time and it removes the ability to chose CDMA which is good. I do think you have to adjust it before flashing the ROM. I tried it before but it didn't stick on reboot.
Btw does it now also stop asking to switch to global mode when no reception?

Anyway 1.1ghz seems to be stable for now.
Oh btw, I can't find assisted dialing option any more. Not that I care, but I used to turn them all off. Has it been removed in .906 or mavrom 4.5?

usual i'm changing to 3 before install, but always you can use build.prop editor apk (just keep to save the build.prop before exit)

btw is the 3G Data is functioning?

zzcs7879

Reaction score
I think I need more assistance about the use of GSM. Do you guys mean that each time the switch between CDMA and GSM needs a rom flashing?:blink:

singh.r

Reaction score
Man safestrap is not working and don't know this because of partition size or something as. I saw people are updating .890 to .960 then they install this ROM, in XT883 we update 57.1.60 to 60.3.250 may be this thing cause the issue. But I try with both nothing worked. You from India ?

Ya I am from India. I know that safestrap 1.08 (official) doesn't work for backup, & it's due to different partitioning . I got a workaround on XDA

"http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=25536152&postcount=8".

If required you may try that. It works fine for every thing (backup, restore, enable/disable safe system etc) but have not been able to install any ROM with this. I don't know if it's ROM compatibility or safe strap issue.

Last edited:

singh.r

Reaction score
Try opening the safestrap app, and clicking the uninstall recovery button, then uninstall the safestrap 1.08 app. Then download and install safestrap 2.0 from here http://t.co/JfwGshp0
I can't say that it will work for sure or anything, but other than that, I'm out of suggestions. I know it works with the XT883 radio flashed on the stock XT862 ROM, but I don't know about flashing the whole XT883 system.

Thanx, I have whole XT883 ROM & as Hangroid says "it didn't work". Any other idea? Do you know about any ROM which works on actual XT883 & can be flashed with safestrap

linuxgator

Reaction score
Thanx, I have whole XT883 ROM & as Hangroid says "it didn't work". Any other idea? Do you know about any ROM which works on actual XT883 & can be flashed with safestrap

Honestly, I've never worked with the whole XT883 system, so I don't know what works or not. I see that you've also been on the XDA thread for the XT883 stuff, you are most likely to get a better response there on what works. Good luck, and keep us updated if you get something to work.

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
usual i'm changing to 3 before install, but always you can use build.prop editor apk (just keep to save the build.prop before exit)

btw is the 3G Data is functioning?
Ye 3G works fine
I think I need more assistance about the use of GSM. Do you guys mean that each time the switch between CDMA and GSM needs a rom flashing?:blink:
If you travel a lot i'd leave it on =7, then you can just pick which one you want