[ROM] Maverick Rom for the Droid 3 (MavROM) - V4.5

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
Linuxgator - are you formating the system folder before installing the ROM?

I have the same configuration as the above - Safestrap 2 and running .906. Wiped everything, cleared downloads, etc. Applying wallpapers force closes the toolbox, the launcher links/labels are switched and the AOSP Gingerbread theme downloads/installs 'null' without change.
-------------
I can confirm the same thing myself and I have followed the steps everyone has been explaining. Anyone find a fix?

Hangroid

Reaction score
Sorry to say none of these method is working ? Currently using XT883 ROM.

linuxgator

Reaction score

When you say you're using XT883 ROM, does that mean that you did the radio hack from the 883 so that you can access GSM networks in the US, or does it mean something else?

Also, have you tried re-downloading the ROM? Make sure that the MD5 sum is 88f603f1b8c5b88925401b6e51cfb3e8 if it isn't, then you have a corrupted file which could lead to the problems that you're experiencing.

Last edited:

singh.r

Reaction score

Hiii, could you tell me how you got safe-strap working on XT883, as much as i know it's a known issue that safe strap 1.08 doesn't work with XT-883 due to partition issue.
I also have XT862 flashed with XT883 China Telecom ROM. Using a tweaked version of safe-strap & geeting the same problem as your's.
After restart second system shows only black screen

# Edit # Sorry I mean to say safe strap doesn't work for backup in XT883, I never tried that for safe system & all.
But if my guess is right it has something to do with different partitioning & sizes of XT883 ROM.

Last edited:

linuxgator

Reaction score
Hiii, could you tell me how you got safe-strap working on XT883, as much as i know it's a known issue that safe strap 1.08 doesn't work with XT-883 due to partition issue.
I also have XT862 flashed with XT883 China Telecom ROM. Using a tweaked version of safe-strap & geeting the same problem as your's.

# Edit # Sorry I mean to say safe strap doesn't work for backup in XT883, I never tried that for safe system & all.
But if my guess is right it has something to do with different partitioning & sizes of XT883 ROM.

Try opening the safestrap app, and clicking the uninstall recovery button, then uninstall the safestrap 1.08 app. Then download and install safestrap 2.0 from here http://t.co/JfwGshp0
I can't say that it will work for sure or anything, but other than that, I'm out of suggestions. I know it works with the XT883 radio flashed on the stock XT862 ROM, but I don't know about flashing the whole XT883 system.

Hangroid

Reaction score

Man safestrap is not working and don't know this because of partition size or something as. I saw people are updating .890 to .960 then they install this ROM, in XT883 we update 57.1.60 to 60.3.250 may be this thing cause the issue. But I try with both nothing worked. You from India ?

linuxgator said:
Try opening the safestrap app, and clicking the uninstall recovery button, then uninstall the safestrap 1.08 app. Then download and install safestrap 2.0 from here http://t.co/JfwGshp0
I can't say that it will work for sure or anything, but other than that, I'm out of suggestions. I know it works with the XT883 radio flashed on the stock XT862 ROM, but I don't know about flashing the whole XT883 system.

Sure I will try.
Update: Tried not working

@vbhokiefan thanks for looking into this matter.

Last edited:

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Just flashed the update from 4.0, Everything seems to be working awesome, no hick-ups at all. Wiped data/cache both before and after.

quick question, when I OC through the toolbox, it doesn't seem to change the indicator telling me the current speed on the bottom, is this normal?

Also (sorry if this has been addressed, i read through to forum already) have the themes not been "updated"?

Last edited:

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Aaaand everything works! On 1.2ghz also, seems to work fine. It's pretty snappy but that's always the case when I reinstall a ROM :happy3:. New toolbox looks awesome. I hope toggles chnages will be next.

Hangroid

Reaction score
I am using xt883 rom in xt862 just to get both CDMA & GSM radios .... will i able to flash xt883 rom again if i update the verizon .890 to .960?

dustyjerran

Reaction score
I just tried to install viper red theme and it downloaded fine but install said null and restarted phone but not change to theme any idea I cleared downloads so I got a fresh download

John.Edwards

Reaction score
installed...

very nice - some subtle changes are appreciated. works well with holo as well.

MAV rocks.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just tried to install viper red theme and it downloaded fine but install said null and restarted phone but not change to theme any idea I cleared downloads so I got a fresh download

We're looking into it. :)