[ROM] Maverick ROM for the D3 v4.0

leobg

Reaction score
Great work devs!!

MavROM is indeed something that makes you don't look back to stock once tried!

I installed it couple of days ago to my XT860 (Bell Canada). Thanks to a fellow user over @XDA build.prop is adjusted for it and the proper ril library is added. Data and everything works perfect.

I would like to report few issues I noticed:
- I can't seem to add Yahoo email to the accounts. Always says login failure. I don't see dedicated Hotmail account services, I am pretty sure stock rom had Hotmail too.
- Theme colors (I'm using ICS theme) might need slight adjustment - in the list email senders are listed with white and since background is light grey, email names are almost indistinguishable. Another place where white font is used is when adding account - once you're out of that field, field which has white background looks completely blank
- I can't seem to create email widget on screen - upon selecting which account I want on the widget, process Email forcecloses and no widget gets created. I tried creating some custom shortcuts with xShortcut and got similar problem - app says shortcut created, but no shortcut appears on the home screen. ALogcat says "W/ApplicationContext( 338): Unable to create files directory", I suspect email FC and this might be related as logcat says same for that.

Still can't believe how well you guys made GB to mimic ICS! Hats down!!

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
leobg said:
Great work devs!!

MavROM is indeed something that makes you don't look back to stock once tried!

I installed it couple of days ago to my XT860 (Bell Canada). Thanks to a fellow user over @XDA build.prop is adjusted for it and the proper ril library is added. Data and everything works perfect.

I would like to report few issues I noticed:
- I can't seem to add Yahoo email to the accounts. Always says login failure. I don't see dedicated Hotmail account services, I am pretty sure stock rom had Hotmail too.
- Theme colors (I'm using ICS theme) might need slight adjustment - in the list email senders are listed with white and since background is light grey, email names are almost indistinguishable. Another place where white font is used is when adding account - once you're out of that field, field which has white background looks completely blank
- I can't seem to create email widget on screen - upon selecting which account I want on the widget, process Email forcecloses and no widget gets created. I tried creating some custom shortcuts with xShortcut and got similar problem - app says shortcut created, but no shortcut appears on the home screen. ALogcat says "W/ApplicationContext( 338): Unable to create files directory", I suspect email FC and this might be related as logcat says same for that.

Still can't believe how well you guys made GB to mimic ICS! Hats down!!

First off. Thank you very much! Answers to your thoughts.
1. I've never been able to add yahoo to the email app. Not sure why. Even on my d1.
2. There is an ics theme in the mav toolbox. The stock theme is unique and will stay the way it is.
3. This could be due to it may not have deodexed correctly. I'll look into this.

Happy to hear you are all enjoying the rom. Also please remember to click installed and all that in the OP.

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
Well..i had a very very pleasant surprise. Somehow the wifi tether works. Congrats. This makes the rom perfect.
I don know how..or what has been made to it. The only difference i made since 3.5 is that i installed some ics rom with safestrap. But after some time i returned to mavrom and deleted ics. I heard cases when mavrom wifi tether worked after installed steel droid rom.
Very good job for this rom.waiting for 4.5 or 5.0 and o donation will be sent :)

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Now that .906 has been released officially, would this work?:
1) Make backup(nan) of mavrom 4.0 with bootstrap
2) SBF back to stock .890
3) flash .906
4) root with motofail and install bootstrap
5) restore mavrom 4.0 backup

Or would you recommend doing a fresh install after installing the .906 update?

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Now that .906 has been released officially, would this work?:
1) Make backup(nan) of mavrom 4.0 with bootstrap
2) SBF back to stock .890
3) flash .906
4) root with motofail and install bootstrap
5) restore mavrom 4.0 backup

Or would you recommend doing a fresh install after installing the .906 update?

I dont think that will do anything, MavRom IS .906, if you are already on MavRom4.0 you don't need to update to .906 you are running it

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Actually if you want the 906 base and and kernel you will have to sbf and install the OTA. If all you are interested in is the 906 system, just keep Mav as is. Just keep in mind that you will NOT be able to do a full sbf if you flash the 906 ota until new fast boot files are leaked.

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Actually if you want the 906 base and and kernel you will have to sbf and install the OTA. If all you are interested in is the 906 system, just keep Mav as is. Just keep in mind that you will NOT be able to do a full sbf if yo
u flash the 906 ota until new fast boot files are leaked.
Well, it just seems better to have the right base with the 906 files. And i assume they didn't updtae kernel/baseband for nothing?

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Doubleyoupee said:
Well, it just seems better to have the right base with the 906 files. And i assume they didn't updtae kernel/baseband for nothing?

I'm sorry. I meant baseband not base. The ota has a new baseband and kernel.

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
I'm sorry. I meant baseband not base. The ota has a new baseband and kernel.
Well my post stays the same :+ with base i meant kernel + baseband.
Or would you say using mavrom 4.0 on .890 or on .906 will make no difference at all? But I might stay on .890 till SBF appears either way

RdRunner

Reaction score
Hey im having this problem when i switched themes using the toolbox. I have a white line that runs along the very top line of pixels about 3/4 of the way across the screen
horizontally. has anyone else run into this and knows how to fix it? it's driving me crazy. Thanks

Last edited:

TRiLLSiPPiN

Reaction score
Lol it's called the battery bar, it gauges your % battery left, you can turn it off in the options somewhere

#TEAMHATERS

leobg

Reaction score
First off. Thank you very much! Answers to your thoughts.
1. I've never been able to add yahoo to the email app. Not sure why. Even on my d1.
2. There is an ics theme in the mav toolbox. The stock theme is unique and will stay the way it is.
3. This could be due to it may not have deodexed correctly. I'll look into this.

Happy to hear you are all enjoying the rom. Also please remember to click installed and all that in the OP.

Thanks for the response. Yahoo works fine with the stock rom. I guess I should try adding it manually as regular email and not thru the BLUR environment. Too bad this way account will work as pull only (BLUR supports push on yahoo).
The ICS theme in mav toolbox is exactly what am I using and having the white on white issue with, hopefully you guys could look into that too in future.
Keep the great work!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Doubleyoupee said:
Well my post stays the same :+ with base i meant kernel + baseband.
Or would you say using mavrom 4.0 on .890 or on .906 will make no difference at all? But I might stay on .890 till SBF appears either way

If I were you I would wait. There's nothing like running into problems and not being able to recover

DaWizz

Reaction score
Hey im having this problem when i switched themes using the toolbox. I have a white line that runs along the very top line of pixels about 3/4 of the way across the screen
horizontally. has anyone else run into this and knows how to fix it? it's driving me crazy. Thanks
Lol it's called the battery bar, it gauges your % battery left, you can turn it off in the options somewhere
Had the same feeling, not too great looking and why do you want this functionality anyway if you have a notification light on your phone..