Lollipop Hold Out

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
They will not force you to install.
You cannot keep root on L to my knowledge.

Tap'n Turbo

Kstyle723

Reaction score
They will not force you to install.
You cannot keep root on L to my knowledge.

Tap'n Turbo

Anyway to stop the constant reminders to install? I've read (in this thread actually) that there is a way to delete the downloaded files (which would make me sleep better lol), but have yet to find out how?

What sucks is I really wouldn't mind checking out 5.1, but I terrified of losing my tether-ness lol.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No.
My friend with an S5 has been saying no for probably 6 months now.

Tap'n Turbo

Kstyle723

Reaction score
I just bought Titanium Backup (paid version so I can freeze), froze the "MotorollaOTA" app, and I am now going to boot in recovery and wipe cache. I was told will do the trick for anyone else with this issue. Thanks for the replies!

OP
MarBearCat

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I tell ya, they don't care if you're playing a game app or what, they cut right into it with their......"NEW SYSTEM SOFTWARE IS AVAILABLE!"

Haven't gotten be yet lollipopper! Bwahahahahahaha!

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Same here, still avoiding it(Lollipop) like the plague. I followed the instructions on the sticky about clearing the cache partition for Kit Kat. It seems to remove the Lollipop update file and frees me from the install lollipop popup for a good period of time.
It will eventually download the file again and the pop-up will start back up.
Currently, I'm going about eight hours without being bothered by the update install popup.

MegatronJE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Driod Tubo
I to am still on Kit Kat on my tubo. I called Verizon and they said it was ok to upgrade but I remember what happed to my last phone when it was upgraded to jellybean it messed it up and if lolliepop does the same thing as jellybean I wont upgrade. Kit Kat is working perfect for me if lolliepop is clean and bug free I might upgrade does anybody know if its bug free ? Does anybody still have problems with lolliepop messing up there phones?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I just bought Titanium Backup (paid version so I can freeze), froze the "MotorollaOTA" app, and I am now going to boot in recovery and wipe cache. I was told will do the trick for anyone else with this issue. Thanks for the replies!
I downloaded and installed "disable service" from the play store and did the same thing for free. Disable Service - Android Apps on Google Play

1b38cad0eff7b178e5f1225bc5e384b5.jpg
62111e0c25ddec96be7d9caacf30e4c0.jpg

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Do you have to be rooted to use this?
The apps description say it requires root access. I'm not rooted so I'll just keep clearing the cache daily as it appears that for me, lollipop update downloads around mid-night. It's been more than twenty four hours now and still no install popup for lollipop.

hegemonyworld

Reaction score
Honestly when the notification comes up I set the reminder one minute back and viola 24 hours till next one

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
O. M. G.
Just install it already. The phone runs GREAT on L. It does. It really really really does.
Join us. It really doesn't suck.