Lost Visual Voicemail with Lollipop?

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was listening to a voicemail from a missed called when it finally dawned on me...WHY am I listening to the message instead of reading with VVM??

Cause apparently VVM went bye-bye when I updated to Lollipop. After the initial update I was having really bad battery drain, so a couple weeks later I bit the bullet and did a FDR. I don't know if I had VVM before the FDR or not. Does anyone know a way to load it? A quick search on play store didn't turn up the Verizon app.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So you don't have the app named Voice Mail installed? I believe that is the basic VVM app that can be used for free. The premium version costs a little bit each month (or at least it used to). When I first un-boxed my Turbo the first thing I did was activate the phone and download Lollipop 5.1. Then I setup my Google account started using the phone. The Voice Mail app was already installed and plays visual voice mail for me.

OP
radon222

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do have the VoiceMail app thru which I can the audio voicemail recording, but there is no option for to view a transcribed message like I had on KK. The account is a corporate account and visual was enabled when I had my Maxx.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Is Advanced Calling turned On? Maybe that has to be on to use the free version of VVM? Or switching phones from a Maxx to a Turbo somehow turned the free VVM off? When Advanced Calling (VoLTE) first came out last October and we did the beta test on the Droid Maxx everything had to be enabled on the Verizon website. A lot of the enable / disable functionality has been changed since then, but maybe see if the free VVM option is still enabled for your phone number from Verizon?

OP
radon222

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
it's just weird. Advanced Calling is enabled for HD voice and Video (even though I've never used video). Of course being on a corporate account, I'm limited on what I can check directly on settings at that level without going through my boss.

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
The transcribed voice mail is a paid premium. I believe you get a 14 day trial, then you have to pay.

Edit: 30 day trial, not 14

Last edited:

D._Manley

Reaction score
About all you lose of any value in the basic version is the transcription.

JDH

Reaction score
It comes free with the turbo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It comes free with the turbo
The basic version is free on all phones with Advance Calling, correct. The OP was asking about the visual transcription / text display option. Apparently that is not free, is only free for the first 14 days and after that you may have to pay for that feature.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JDH

Reaction score
It was included with my turbo, the premium version. I can read my voice mails and do not pay anything for it. Been there from day 1, 10/30/14

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
It was included with my turbo, the premium version. I can read my voice mails and do not pay anything for it. Been there from day 1, 10/30/14
You might have already been a subscriber. Or something messed up and you got it for free. Premium (transcribed voicemails, not the app that is used in place of calling *86 to access voicemails) is $2.99 a month.

JDH

Reaction score
Update:
I just had my daughter leave me a voice mail and low and behold, it's gone. Wtf!
I will call V tomorrow and see what is what. Will update after.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
For the record, Advanced Calling does NOT have to be on for this.

So you don't have the red Voice Mail icon at all in your app drawer???

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
For the record, Advanced Calling does NOT have to be on for this.

So you don't have the red Voice Mail icon at all in your app drawer???

But Data has to be on, which I find annoying. I added a shortcut to my home screen to dial the number of the "regular" Voice Mail service.

The best feature of Visual Voice Mail ( for me), is the option to save a VM message on the phone. The rest I could do without.