Who is holding out for the HTC Incredible?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
It did, but there was really more than one reason for that. It was the first Android based phone, so they were advertising the Android system as much as the phone itself. To do that, they needed to really pour on the advertising. Now that Android is out there, people know what the system is. I suspect that there might be a little bit of gambling by Verizon that "viral marketing" like these forums and the leaked rumors are doing a lot of their advertising for them. Building one helluva buzz and all in all, they haven't spent a dime on advertising. And this phone is seriously in demand.

I could be wrong, but I'm betting this is the case.

Weapondrift

Reaction score
I think it would be really cool if Verizon decides to play the "Word of Mouth" game with this phone. I keep seeing people who are more interested in the N1 (nexus 1) then they are in this phone and I think thats a BIG mistake on their part. Im just worried that I wont get my hands on an Incredible.

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
if the stupid phone only price wouldnt be so high i would get it to replace my droid, but idk yet, iw onder if they will be able to overclock it to 1.8 ghz. that wood be the sickest

Weapondrift

Reaction score
if the stupid phone only price wouldnt be so high i would get it to replace my droid, but idk yet, iw onder if they will be able to overclock it to 1.8 ghz. that wood be the sickest
well the normal Moto Droid can handle 1.8 (maybe it was 1.4) so I seriously dont think this should be any problem

nope..it came out when it was released.
well dangit now we have confusion in the ranks :p

cb2000a

Reaction score
I will not be getting this phone. I am quite happy with the DROID and will wait for the dual processor phones later this year or next.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Can;t say I am waiting on it, but will most likely buy one at full price to try out.

BzB

Reaction score
Can;t say I am waiting on it, but will most likely buy one at full price to try out.

ditto. interested to try out sense ui paired with snapdragon for myself.

my droid isn't going anywhere though!

solorca

Reaction score
I will consider it, but the $599 pricetag will probably be enough to keep me away. Although, my fiance (who is on my family plan) has a contract ending in early May...so it's possible that I can talk her into letting me try the Incredible out on her line. If I like it, I could always ebay the Droid and buy her whatever phone she would like to replace it (she just likes basic phones, so I should be able to break even).

dbigdawg

Reaction score

In a side by side comparison, you will want to upgrade. I have played with every device you can imagine and seen a few you don't even know about yet. This device is the one I am waiting on. I will be ordering it EARLY in the morning on the 29th.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

In a side by side comparison, you will want to upgrade. I have played with every device you can imagine and seen a few you don't even know about yet. This device is the one I am waiting on. I will be ordering it EARLY in the morning on the 29th.

That brings to mind one question. I see the remarks about ordering it on the 29th. Are we going to be able to go buy them at the store on the 29th also?

dbigdawg

Reaction score

That brings to mind one question. I see the remarks about ordering it on the 29th. Are we going to be able to go buy them at the store on the 29th also?

I would assume that it will be available in all corporate stores. There were already leaks fun the Best Buy Mobile group saying they would have it then and I doubt they for an exclusive on it.

mach330

Reaction score

I would assume that it will be available in all corporate stores. There were already leaks fun the Best Buy Mobile group saying they would have it then and I doubt they for an exclusive on it.

i'm hoping to get mine with bb as well. i hope they do the same as with the droid where the $199 price is no rebate required. can't wait for this phone.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. Working on the begging to get an early discount. :D