Liquid Thundersense v1.0 Custom Rom

usicus

Reaction score
Question 1.)

Quick question.. I have been running a few ROMs with a 1.5GHz Kernel.. Like anyone would be, I am hesitant to try the 1.8 Kernel, but would running the phone at that speed be dangerous for the phone? I feel like it will extremely shorten the life of the processor..

Reply:

honestly, it is possible best recommendation is todownclock the speed when you do not need it set higher. When using the overclocking at higher speeds for shorter temporary periods of time that should be fine but dont keep it overclocking all the time and I'd recommend using the smartass governor the kernel. Also FYI please make sure everyone is reading the thread titles this is for THUNDERBOLT there is a thread for DROID 1 that was just released as well do not try to install the wrong ROM for the wrong phone or you MIGHT Brick and we will not be held responsible for user errors

Q 2.)Okay, I heard somewhere that there were still bugs in the smartass governor like it freezing up for the users etc.
Just don't want to damage my phone. I normally use ondemand for the governor, but there is a lot of talk about the smartass governor and haven't really heard too much about it..(Will do, gonna try with drod-bfs-0.3 )

Reply:

the one we are using for the governor is from drod haven't had bugs so far it is different than the others out there but if u encounter any bugs let us know please and ur welcome (that's the stock kernel in the ROM )

User:Adrozz07 Said:All signed in and synced up. seems super snappy so far. Looking forward to testing battery life. Thanks for the work :)

Liquidzgrl Reposne:Glad it worked for ya and I think ull be impressed with battery life I'm running without root on stock and my battery sux liquid running tbolt with his ROM blows my battery outta the water we can compare his rom well since im on stock

Regarding the smartass governor, do I need setcpu to work properly?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
I have been running this rom for the better part of the day and overall it is very smooth. I actually like this bootanimation better than the stock animation, very nice! The only real complaint I have is what you have done with the Friend Stream. Now that it is transparent it is very difficult to read text with certain wallpapers such as the included one. Other than that very good, looking forward to future releases!

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
One more thing I noticed is the car panel app is nowhere to be seen and the car panel restore zip I have used in the past did not work to get it back. Am I just missing something here?

soulripp

Reaction score
What version of sense? Also can I keep the original unlock button?

sent from my HTC thunderbolt

liquid0624

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
version 605.9 ill add that into changelog, yes car panel app was ripped use car home instead its better, and it comes stock with sense lockscreen. Update hopefully will be coming very soon for this to allow more customization of things

chipmunk

Reaction score
Not trying to be mean or anything... But did you really have to include a screenshot with a modified quadrant script?

if u are referring to the benchmark then uve got it wrong cas it is an actual benchmark test result

Right... This is an actual benchmark too. 1.2 oc

3bz0p.jpg

You, Liquid, Adrynalyne (the one who wrote the script), and I all know 1.8 won't get past 3.3 and even that is a long shot.

EDIT: You know which script... it's inside your ROM zip.

how did you get that honeycomb looking battery, 4g, etc?

mkjellgren

Reaction score
if u are referring to the benchmark then uve got it wrong cas it is an actual benchmark test result

3bz0p.jpg

You, Liquid, Adrynalyne (the one who wrote the script), and I all know 1.8 won't get past 3.3 and even that is a long shot.

It's a theme. You can find it in ROM manager under retrokid223.

Last edited:

chipmunk

Reaction score

3bz0p.jpg

It's a theme. You can find it in ROM manager under retrokid223.

does it work for virus rom?

skltr21

Reaction score
this rom seems to be screwing up my 4g...... it's now saying that im only getting 1x??? any help?

i know at my house i ALWAYS get 4g so i don't know why this would be happening?

Last edited:

Its TwiX

Reaction score
this rom seems to be screwing up my 4g...... it's now saying that im only getting 1x??? any help?

It's that 3.7 quad you are rockin bro. Tell Liquid to slow it down.

skltr21

Reaction score

It's that 3.7 quad you are rockin bro. Tell Liquid to slow it down.

im not running mine overclocked or anything. just stock liquid with whatever the stock kernel is. ive been having issues with 4g ever since i rooted the phone and put this ROM on there. i've tried just a stock deodexed rom and the same thing...... so maybe its an outage in my area??? or maybe its something that went wrong rooting??? i dont know?

jaws0813

Reaction score
how are people getting such high benchmarks. the highest i got was 2235 on this rom

jlambeth1

Reaction score
Love the ROM but have a couple of questions. When using Sense as my home application, the personalize button doesn't work for anything. Any way I can get it to function? Also, you mention sense style superuser app and scripts along with roottools being in this ROM. How do I access these? I have terminal emulator but haven't found a list of the available commands. Glad to see some Liquid on my Tbolt!!