Liquid Smooth Rom Bug Reporting

Discussion in 'Liquid D2G' started by hradek422, Oct 11, 2011.

1. bdsullivan76

bdsullivan76 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    NFL mobile app doesn't work. Stays at loading but never does. Paying $10 a month for it (just for redzone really) so it working is a must for me. Otherwise I like it better than cm4d2g.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

2. xcodybx

xcodybx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    do you HAVE to be on .607?
    I'm running the .606 version.....wondering if it would work since the OTA was pulled.

3. Insidious

Insidious Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    You can be on .606 I am and I flashed over with no probs.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

4. xcodybx

xcodybx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how're you liking this ROM?

5. bigdiesle32

bigdiesle32 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bugs

I noticed this as well as several other bugs. My wifi doesn't work: says error after trying to activate(although my wireless tether apk
    Works just fine). No navigation found? Camera bug noticed. Contacts doesn't exist when trying to return missed phone call. Alt lock
    Not working. When rebooting I get no service until I turn airplane mode on and then off again. Still overall great. But many bugs
    So far. Hope they're fixed soon

6. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I would make a backup in clockwork and try the rom for yourself. t may run great for you, it may not but the only way to find out for sure is try it for your self. Personally, as long as the battery is not dieing extremely fast, ask your self how often is it you really do not have access to an outlet or USB port to charge your phone? Of course that is me personally.

In my experience, this rom seems to be the best GB rom for the D2G. I have experienced the camera issues and sticky issues, but I have noticed that the sticky issue only happens every other reboot for me. So if I need to change soemthing and sticky does not work, just reboot and I am fine as long as I do not reboot. Battery life could be better but I followed the advice listed elsewhere on the forums. If memory serves me right run battery down to 0%, charge to 100%, charge a little longer, then unplug, and wipe battery stats in clock work recovery. Now my batter life really is not to bad, but it has seen better days. It helped none the less. 3G and Wi-Fi work fine usually, but if they do not, a simple reboot always fixes this just like it fixes the sticky issues.

7. Jonas

Jonas Member

Ratings:
    +14
    The reason I am waiting, is I am military, waiting to ship out, so when I ship out, I need a near flawless rom, because it may be quite some time before I am able to sbf back, or switch something out should a rom malfunction

8. Metalshadow626

Ratings:
    +0
    Does USB mode work? I remember when it first came out it didn't and that was a deal breaker for me and I sbf'd.

9. Jonas

Jonas Member

Ratings:
    +14
    USB mode works for me, but I had a round about way of installing this rom that has proved to be my charm to getting most of the problems you guys have gone.

The way I installed it was to SBF back to froyo, and then use the GB leak. I then flashed the ROM WITHOUT doing any sort of wiping, of the cache, nor dalvik, nor a factory reset. Then I rebooted into CWM, and tried to flash the GB leak back on using the "update.zip" method. That did not work, but I dont know if this has anything to do with my success or not. The reason I did that was because I realized after I flashed the ROM, I did not do any wipes, so I tried to go back and start from GB. After this I went back into CWM, without rebooting the phone, went to advanced, did a dalvik wipe, then a cache wipe, then a factory reset, then flashed the rom as I normally would have. It was a little faster flashing it the second time, but that could have been just me having already seen it before.

The only problems I have now are the Camera issue, and one I have not seen posted on the forums. I have no GPS. This is exceedingly annoying since I run nightly and not having an accurate time/distance recording isn't fun. This is odd to me since I run a sensor test through Z-Device Test, and the GPS shows up as a working sensor, but it will not locate the satellites like it should. And I know this is a valid sensor test because it does not recognize the camera, which is correct, since the rom messes the camera up.

Also, my battery life is pretty decent, no complaints there.

#21 Jonas, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  10. Metalshadow626

Ratings:
    +0
    Like 8+ hours decent?

11. Jonas

Jonas Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Its possible. I use my phone heavily from the time I check emails in the morning till I send my last text at night. I'm getting pretty good battery life considering I use my phone heavily during the day.

12. Jonas

Jonas Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Another update for bugs, there is no gps. I confirmed this in Google Maps. Kind of disappointing. I may go over and try cm7 on GB, unless this rom can get stable in a week or so.

Also, for those interested in moblie radio apps such as last.fm, pandora, and I heart radio, the 3g connection flutters in and out so frequently last.fm has trouble and iheartradio is no better. I don't think this is just my phone since I haven't had this problem before Liquid.

Sent from my Banana Phone

Search tags for this page

cannot connect to camera liquid smooth rom droid x

liquid smooth cannot connect to camera
liquid smooth cant connect to camera
liquid smooth home button not workidng
liquidsmooth cannot connect to camera
liquidsmooth cant add accounts
liquidsmooth cant connect to camera
liquidsmooth cant install themes
liquidsmooth thunderbolt home button
themes for liquid smooth rom