Liquid Smooth Rom Bug Reporting

Discussion in 'Liquid D2G' started by hradek422, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Jonas

Jonas Member

Ratings:
    +14
    More bugs:

I have been trying all day to ninjamorph my phone to absolutely no avail. I am using the same methods that worked perfectly for me on Froyo CM7, Stock GB Leak, and Stock Froyo. If someone can confirm this not working that would be nice, and hopefully I'm not just an idiot. Yes my phone is on USB Debugging, yes I have Busybox installed, and yes my SD card is mounted R/W.

Also, if you are using GO Launcher Ex, and trying to replace the icons in your dock with custom images, your gallery will glitch. To give an exact example for the devs, I went into Go Launcher, held down the icon to switch it, hit replace, then Custom icon, then chose Gallery. I choose my image which is in the folder made by Simple Text for this example. The first time doing this, it works perfectly, no flaws. The second time the folder is not shown at all, but all other folders are shown. A bit annoying to have to use File Explorer to find each file.

I hope the by documenting the bugs in detail they can be replicated for the devs in order to be fixed. Best of luck to the Liquid team, I hope you guys get this fixed.

2. hradek422

hradek422 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I'm honestly starting to question whether or not the Liquid team is even going to support this ROM and try to correct anything. I joined their forums to see if they had anything going, and it's dead. I haven't heard anything from the actual team about planned fixes.

3. Jonas

Jonas Member

Ratings:
    +14
    This will be the 4th rom I have tried that had too many bugs for me to consider solid. That is why I am going to try to take a stock rooted phone and create the custom setup I want WITHOUT any rom at all. I will try to keep anyone whose interested updated if I can even get it off the ground.

4. bascherz

bascherz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cam, 3G, GPS, and Locks

Ditto on the camera and skippy 3G. Ironically, I returned my first D2 under warranty because the camera wouldn't focus (at least it could take distant pics). I used to get 2.5Mbps with 3G at my house and now I can barely get a connection. There's a tower 1/2-mile away and clear line-of-sight. Definitely something wrong there. GPS didn't activate upon entry to Google Maps, so I turned it off and back on and made sure I pushed the My Location button on Google Maps and it works fine. I wasn't thrilled to see the Droid 1 era email client in this ROM either (doesn't even have a search function, which at least the D1 app did), but I got K9 and it's all good.

Other issues I have (not bugs, but issues) are that with GB 2.3.3 that Verizon pushed out earlier this year the camera app would take widescreen shots (and the camera worked). This camera doesn't work or have a widescreen option. Secondly, 2.3.3 separated the keyboard lock timeout and the screen timeout. Why is this significant? My employer forces our email client to require a password-entry (not pattern) lock, so I can't get around that. But 2.3.3 would time out the screen in, say, 2 minutes and timeout the keyboard lock in 20 minutes (I think that was the max). So I could check email during a meeting repeatedly without ever having to re-enter my password but the screen still dimmed (saving battery life). Adding this feature would surely be handy, at least for folks like myself.

Otherwise, this is a slick piece of work. Lots of eye candy. And wireless tether works (Barnacle only, neither a stable nor the latest Google beta Wireless Tether app could get to 3G). Biggest perk is the phone's new-found performance. The difference there from the Moto 2.3.3 ROM is night and day.

Had to use Pzousa's "MotorolaOneClickRoot" and Koush's droid_2_bootstrapper to get around the miserable blocks Moto/Verizon put into this phone's ROM. Even though I'd bricked the thing as it took a good 30 minutes to complete the first boot after ROMming. But all-in-all I am glad not to be constrained on using my "unlimited" monthly data allowance how I see fit.

Keep up the great work, but please fix the camera and 3G (at a minimum) as soon as you can. I use my camera a LOT on group motorcycle trips.

Awesome stuff. THANKS! :D

Bruce

5. Jonas

Jonas Member

Ratings:
    +14
    I'm not sure where your performance gain is? I haven't seen nearly any speed gain, nor increased productivity from this rom compared to the stock gb setup. Granted I had all the bloatware frozen, so my speed was a good notch higher than pure stock would have been, but all in all, not really seeing what all the hype is.

6. bascherz

bascherz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I went from a fully-bloated, stock GB ROM to this. So yes, the UI is smoother, cached emails etc. load quicker, and the phone just seems more responsive. If it weren't for my wanting open wireless tethering I probably would have stuck with a rooted stock GB. Generally, I liked it. I am sure if I were to do a thorough pro-v-con list it wouldn't seem worth it. And if this ROM ends up being unsupported, I may just go back (once I figure out how to do that). This is the first time I've tried anything like this.

7. Jonas

Jonas Member

Ratings:
    +14
    That's a ssimple SBF, if you have trouble feel free to pm me. I think with roms, less is more. The more features a rom has, the more it seems to have bugs. Maybe its time fore more refined roms.

8. haztv

haztv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Rom has been updated to 3.1 camera is fixed and battery life is better check it out

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

9. drom

drom New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    3.1 is a little buggy. A few hours after setting up Go Launcher I turned the screen on and the launcher had reset itself. I reinstalled the rom and set up my google accounts. A few minutes ago I launched the market and a window came up, saying I needed to set up a google account. Somehow my accounts got deleted.

10. laxpride18

laxpride18 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First off, if you want to get the battery life back, drain down to 0, charge up to 100% and then reset the battery statistics in recovery, worked wonders for me.

Secondly, every one and a while i'll turn the display off with the power button, and it'll lock like that, and i have to bull the battery to get it to boot up again.

Also, the comments within the official facebook app can never load, it'll just tell you you dont have a connection.

Finally, in the Liquid settings/goodies/propmodder/3g speed hack, it'll work for me but wont survive the reboot, and when i boot the phone back up i have to turn it off to get service.

Search tags for this page

cannot connect to camera liquid smooth rom droid x

liquid smooth cannot connect to camera
liquid smooth cant connect to camera
liquid smooth home button not workidng
liquidsmooth cannot connect to camera
liquidsmooth cant add accounts
liquidsmooth cant connect to camera
liquidsmooth cant install themes
liquidsmooth thunderbolt home button
themes for liquid smooth rom