Launcher Pro HELP!!!

Kuzdroid

Reaction score
So I just bought launcher pro plus for my D2, and it's amazing. Everything is soooo much faster. But I have a big problem. I had written down a client of mines info on a sticky note widget, and then when I updated to the launcher pro my homesceens reset and my note was gone. Is there any possible way to get it back??

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Go into settings, applications then select launcher pro, then reset defaults. After that hit the home button and it should ask you which launcher you want to use. Select the old one and you should see the note where you left it. Let me know if it works. I think it should though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Kuzdroid

Kuzdroid

Reaction score
If I do that, will it reset how I set up the launcher pro layout?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Nope it won't. It'll be just like you left it. Also, launcher pro gives you the option to backup your homescreens. Just hit menu click preferences and slide to the bottom.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
download home switcher. makes it easy to switch between stock home and Launcher Pro

OP
Kuzdroid

Kuzdroid

Reaction score
Jaycemiskel- I tried to do what you told me, but when i go into applications I don't see launcher pro right of the bat so then I went into manage apps, and found launcher pro, but I didn't see an option for reset defaults, so I hit force stop, but sadly nothing happened. So Im guessing I did something wrong, so if it's not to much of a trouble could you go into more detail or maybe your have another way to do it, but either way I reeeaally appreciate all the help!

OP
Kuzdroid

Kuzdroid

Reaction score
I just found the clear defaults button, but I can't click it so?

harrellj

Reaction score
download home switcher. makes it easy to switch between stock home and Launcher Pro

Does Home Switcher now work with Froyo? I haven't seen any updates that it has.

It doesn't say in its description that it works with Froyo but myself and several other people on this forum have had no problems using it on Froyo.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
If it won't let you clear default then it must not be set as default. Try going to just regular launcher and clearing default.

OP
Kuzdroid

Kuzdroid

Reaction score
Well isn't this just a bit of luck, I downloaded homeswitcher even though it said it didn't work with froyo, and used it. It worked perfectly! I got my clients info and called him about a second after. So I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you who helped out! You really saved my ass.

THANKS!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

turdbogls

Reaction score
FYI, Home switcher is not 100% compatable with Froyo. it can switch between launchers no problem, but the functionality to set a certain launcher as a default was lost with the 2.2 update.

there is another app in the marketplace called "clear default home" that clears defaults so you can choose your launcher after hitting the home button...i used it before with great results on Froyo.