Warning for LAUNCHER PRO people

droidweb

Reaction score
TC, are you running the most up-to-date version of all your browsers? I know the last update of DolphinHD was supposed to fix some auto-start issues...

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
i think the people in this thread that read into my warning a bit too much may need to go take a chill pill or go outside and take a deep breath without their droid in hand.

a warning is just that- A WARNING!

since when did a person expressing a problem they've encountered become an issue?

I am shocked at the responses that say
"well it doesn't happen to me so... it's useless info"

according to who?

BTW, after the 1st accusatory post i tried to change the title to include the statement,

" Possible problem for some"

but it didn't go through. You have to open the thread to see my addendum.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Last edited:

dcw9ma

Reaction score
I love launcher pro, but whenver I hit the home key, I lose it and the original home screen returns. I went to applications. When I selected laucherpro, the default selection was grayed out and I could not set a default. Is there any solution for this problem?

DrScrubs

Reaction score
Check your original home launcher and reset default there.

Sent Using Tapatalk

dcw9ma

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, but I do not know how to access the home launcher. It is not listed on the apps menu. I feel really dumb about this, but would be grateful for your help.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
i think the people in this thread that read into my warning a bit too much may need to go take a chill pill or go outside and take a deep breath without their droid in hand.

since when did a person expressing a problem they've encountered become an issue?

according to who?

BTW, after the 1st accusatory post i tried to change the title to include the statement,

Useless was an incorrect wording and I apologize if I offended you.. correct wording should have been something like misleading in regards to the title and the actual problem.

Hope you get it all to work out in the end!

rjax

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, but I do not know how to access the home launcher. It is not listed on the apps menu. I feel really dumb about this, but would be grateful for your help.

From your home screen, hit the menu key, select Settings, select Applications, select Manage Applications, hit the menu key, select Filter, select All, wait a minute or two for all the Apps to load, then scroll down to Launcher Pro and select it, then hit the Clear defaults button. On your way down to Launcher Pro, you'll also see a listing for Home if you actually need to do something with that, too.

darreno1

Reaction score

according to who?

Sorry but the wording of your thread gave the wrong impression. If you have a problem that's one thing. You made it sound like it's widespread when it clearly isn't. It also casts a pretty bad light on an awesome product that's free. If you were the dev, how would you feel if your product was being criticized for no reason?

I understand you tried to change it and that's great, but I hope you also see it from my perspective.

A better title would have been: "Do any of you experience this with Launcher Pro?"

DrScrubs

Reaction score

From your home screen, hit the menu key, select Settings, select Applications, select Manage Applications, hit the menu key, select Filter, select All, wait a minute or two for all the Apps to load, then scroll down to Launcher Pro and select it, then hit the Clear defaults button. On your way down to Launcher Pro, you'll also see a listing for Home if you actually need to do something with that, too.

And you can get an App called Home Switcher to set which Home App to be your default. Works great if you need to quickly jump from one Home App to another as well.

Sent Using Tapatalk

GrillMouster

Reaction score
WARNING: LauncherPro locks your droid!

WARNING: This is a warning for everyone who has installed LauncherPro Beta. Every time I press the button on the top of my droid the screen goes black. When I press the button again the screen has, like, nine dots and it says that I need to unlock my phone. Oh, wait. Forget it.

Just messing with ya. :)

wisdroid

Reaction score
Hahahahahahahaha... I ran to this thread because the title made me think Launcher Pro was causing thermonuclear war somewhere.. wow

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
WARNING: This is a warning for everyone who has installed LauncherPro Beta. Every time I press the button on the top of my droid the screen goes black. When I press the button again the screen has, like, nine dots and it says that I need to unlock my phone. Oh, wait. Forget it.

Just messing with ya. :)

Youre a maes.

I use 1 word WARNING and even tried to change the title & couldn't and I get crucified like JC.
Too crazy.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
And now the latest update removes the warning as you can now select what's there. The icons change, though (no longer ghosted).