Launcher Pro "People" widget

born2golf

Reaction score
I have recently started using Launcher Pro on a rooted D2. I was formerly using the "contact quick task" replacement on the standard home screens, and have tried to get them to work in launcher pro. After much tinkering I can get them to work, but they revert to some other state where they just send me to the designated contacts profiles rather than launching the tasks I have specified in the widget. So I am giving up on that.

I am now trying to us the LaunchPro Widget called People. The widget works fine, however, it is not populating the contact buttons with any images. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere to enable this?

Thanks in advance.

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
Their should be a refresh button below the "People" widget. Did you try pushing that?

Good Luck!

musicman

Reaction score
This widget only uses pics from google not facebook. So unless your contact has a pic on their google account you won't get one on the widget.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
B

born2golf

Reaction score
That must be it, which is unfortunate. Too bad they don't have an option to assign a photo. And thoughts on a 3rd party widget to solve this puzzle?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

musicman

Reaction score
You could always take the pic they are using on facebook and upload it to your google contact version of them (assuming you have them as a google contact). I did this for one contact but didn't want to take the time to do it to more.

yamaredman

Reaction score
Syncmypix in the market will solve your problem.

I had the same issue when I started using the People widget a few weeks ago.