[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

KJW979

Reaction score
If posting about a prime kernel don't think hijacking a thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

KJW979

Reaction score
Hey Prime, I noticed on your alpha gnex kernel gpu shows at 1Mhz, is that supposed to be set that high, it's working on my phone problem free, just haven't seen a guy that high, have used 512 previously. So far as usual great running kernel. Gonna start fooling with some settings to see what happens.

The Race To Die

Reaction score
Hey Prime, I noticed on your alpha gnex kernel gpu shows at 1Mhz, is that supposed to be set that high, it's working on my phone problem free, just haven't seen a guy that high, have used 512 previously. So far as usual great running kernel. Gonna start fooling with some settings to see what happens.

What kernel app are you using? Trickster shows it at 384. It's probably not compatible with the app your using

The Race To Die

Reaction score
Hmm I didn't get not even a tiny bit of deep sleep. Maybe I should try again. Sorry not trying the hijack the thread here.

I had the same problem problem, had to go back to his first alpha which slept fine for me

KJW979

Reaction score
What kernel app are you using? Trickster shows it at 384. It's probably not compatible with the app your using

Using Franco's app. Will do trickster and see what happens

KJW979

Reaction score
I had the same problem problem, had to go back to his first alpha which slept fine for me

Getting deep sleep here, not as much as should be, using 384 slot the most but is sleeping.

jpsil

Reaction score
Won't flash correctly

I tried to flash this kernel by wiping dalvik cache and then flashing the zip. I then go to the terminal and try to execute the commands, but it cant find the scripts to execute. I then navigate to the /system/bin directory, and sure enough the files from the zip are not in there. Got any ideas? I am new to this whole flashing kernels thing as I had a Droid X before with a locked bootloader.

KJW979

Reaction score
I tried to flash this kernel by wiping dalvik cache and then flashing the zip. I then go to the terminal and try to execute the commands, but it cant find the scripts to execute. I then navigate to the /system/bin directory, and sure enough the files from the zip are not in there. Got any ideas? I am new to this whole flashing kernels thing as I had a Droid X before with a locked bootloader.

What phone using and what kernel did you dl.

KJW979

Reaction score
I am using an OG Droid running MIUI and I tried to flash the deprimed kernel

In terminal did you type "su" before typing command. Then type command which are posted in 2nd post.

jpsil

Reaction score
In terminal did you type "su" before typing command. Then type command which are posted in 2nd post.

I did. Also, I checked to see if the scripts had been added to /system/bin and they had not.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I am using an OG Droid running MIUI and I tried to flash the deprimed kernel

I imagine your /system partition is full.

Remove /system/media/bootanimation.zip and reflash...or clear system space some other way.

Last edited:
OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

The app your using must have been incorrectly reporting gpu speed.

I apologize for not getting back with you guys, wasn't receiving updates to this thread for some reason.

KJW979

Reaction score
The app your using must have been incorrectly reporting gpu speed.

I apologize for not getting back with you guys, wasn't receiving updates to this thread for some reason.

No problem.