[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

rancur3p1c

Reaction score
I see I'll give it a try.
I meant to say changing kernels makes it go away.
Anyways I'm looking to upgrade from my Droid so I can just deal with it until then.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see I'll give it a try.
I meant to say changing kernels makes it go away.
Anyways I'm looking to upgrade from my Droid so I can just deal with it until then.

You can always make it an init.d script or get script manager and run it as root at boot
A good alternative is getting a higher class sdcard (higher class= faster)...class 4 is good, class 6 is great and a class 10 would probably be overkill. Getting a faster sdcard would help any phone you get that uses sdcards

Supercharged tweaked Miui.us
Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

rancur3p1c

Reaction score
Higher class sd card makes no difference for the OGdroid, we know this from benchmarks.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Higher class sd card makes no difference for the OGdroid, we know this from benchmarks.

What benchmarks? Most don't test the sdcard read/write speed

Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

meishkov

Reaction score
prime, did you grab the nexux? what about winner?

Yea I'm pretty sure both of them did. So looks like my deprimed kernel and winner's last build is the last flashing I'll ever do on my og. Sad to accept I must say I know, took me til Just now to finally get over it actually. Must say it is running very smoothly coupled with the swap partition and the v6 supercharger script. It's maxed out

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I haven't upgraded.

My Droid is currently running stock froyo of all things.

Last edited:

rancur3p1c

Reaction score
Wow guys just figured out what wonderful things happen when you modify lcd_density in /system/buiold.prop. At 200 now and modified launcher to be 5x6 on desktop. This is so amazing I have to spread the good news. I've been wanting to do this for 6 months only now do I find it...

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, i know how to flash things. Lol. I mean how do i actually use this kernel. Clock it up to 1.1 ghz or something. I dont understand what vsel values are :p

Easiest way is to flash the newest one (not in the op, its a few pages back) and type in ulv, 1000, 1100, or 1250 in a su terminal, copy down the values it says, then type in primed in terminal, and use root explorer to put the values you copied into /system/etc/init.d/20overclock

Make sure to download the declock zip in the op in case of a bootloop

Btw vsels= voltage

19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Easiest way is to flash the newest one (not in the op, its a few pages back) and type in ulv, 1000, 1100, or 1250 in a su terminal, copy down the values it says, then type in primed in terminal, and use root explorer to put the values you copied into /system/etc/init.d/20overclock

Btw vsels= voltage

19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

I went ahead and updated the link, the latest kernel can be had from the standard update url: http://bit.ly/deprimed_test

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score

Btw vsels= voltage

19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

Ok, i will try this. But is there a way to have Low voltage rather than Ultra Low voltage? Just asking. I see in the OP the primed and deprimed scripts are ULV and SV.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk