[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
The OG will never die!

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

+100000000000000000000000000000 lol

Supercharged tweaked Miui.us
Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey prime is this a good script for determining the current i/o scheduler and changing it?

#!/system/bin/sh
cat /sys/block/*/queue/scheduler
for i in /sys/block/*/queue/scheduler
do
echo "noop" > $i
done

I pulled and slightly changed it from Zeppelinrox script minus his extras which basically automatically freeze my phone when first applied
Oh btw if you use cfq scheduler is it a good idea to put in this since cfq is set to work best with rotational hard drives?

for i in /sys/block/*/queue
do
echo "0" > $i/rotational

Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
OT

I just looked at the price of a nexus....$799 are you freaking kidding me (Samsung can go f themselves in the a!).

well im sure it'll eventually come down...besides the D1 isnt dead yet...i think we can still manage ics roms without tons of problems, im already running a pre-alpha build that is pretty good, and using your kernel too lol

flamepanther

Reaction score
OT

I just looked at the price of a nexus....$799 are you freaking kidding me (Samsung can go f themselves in the a!).

I can't even spare the $300 to get one on contract. Since I can't get what I really want, I'm looking at ultra low-cost options. I've pretty much settled on getting an Incredible 2 for $60. It looks like the best balance I'm going to get between speed, RAM, screen size, and hackability. Gonna miss the hard keyboard though.

If not for Motorola's damn bootloaders, I'd get a Bionic or an X2. Maybe in another two years I can afford a dual-core 4G phone that doesn't try to dictate what I can do with it.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

haproot

Reaction score
Prime where are you getting your price? Picked mine up for $650 straight from verizon.

- from the GNex

meishkov

Reaction score
Hey prime is this a good script for determining the current i/o scheduler and changing it?

#!/system/bin/sh
cat /sys/block/*/queue/scheduler
for i in /sys/block/*/queue/scheduler
do
echo "noop" > $i
done

I pulled and slightly changed it from Zeppelinrox script minus his extras which basically automatically freeze my phone when first applied
Oh btw if you use cfq scheduler is it a good idea to put in this since cfq is set to work best with rotational hard drives?

for i in /sys/block/*/queue
do
echo "0" > $i/rotational

19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

Yo metalspring, was wondering if you ended up finding out anything about That rotational command? I wonder how many more hidden things like this r buried further in the system files. Doesn't look like many people still keep up with the OG like they used to since the new phones came out.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yo metalspring, was wondering if you ended up finding out anything about That rotational command? I wonder how many more hidden things like this r buried further in the system files. Doesn't look like many people still keep up with the OG like they used to since the new phones came out.

It never hurts to put it in...basically it just tells the I/O scheduler that the hard drive memory is nonrotational (flash memory or solid state drive)

19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

rancur3p1c

Reaction score
Is it possible to increase the audio buffer size for media player? I'm on the latest and there's still a bit of skipping about once every song for a split second. I wonder why this is?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to increase the audio buffer size for media player? I'm on the latest and there's still a bit of skipping about once every song for a split second. I wonder why this is?

you can change the sdcard buffer size... btw the audio would skip because of lack of ram memory in our good ol D1's (are you running a gingerbread rom? they are notorious for music skipping)

heres the script just add it to the end of any script in /system/etc/init.d or use script manager to run on boot. just change the echo 2048 to 4096 if you want but 2048 is supposed to be the best

for i in /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/*
do
echo 2 > $i/read_ahead_kb
done
echo 2048 > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb
echo 2 > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/default/read_ahead_kb

rancur3p1c

Reaction score
That's not buffer it's speed, changing it higher makes it worse, and changing roms makes it go away in my experience, can you link to other threads with more discussion on this? Haven't heard of it being a common problem.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's not buffer it's speed, changing it higher makes it worse, and changing roms makes it go away in my experience, can you link to other threads with more discussion on this? Haven't heard of it being a common problem.

You can't change the speed of your sdcard unless you get a higher class sdcard...the script is for read ahead KB, which is essentially the buffer size for reading anything off the sdcard like music...the only other options to make music not skip are locking the music app in memory, changing the built in memory management (zepplinrox v6 supercharger) or getting a higher class sdcard

19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dunno how

thats what this is

for i in /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/*
do
echo 2 > $i/read_ahead_kb
done
echo 512 > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]echo 2 > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/default/read_ahead_kb[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]or you can try just simply using the simple version[/FONT]

as for this

many roms have their own built in different settings for this line