[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks phonetool, so the "1000" command gives the voltages that come stock when installed? I thought the kernel was like stock 1000 and then the "1000"command was 1000 but a mix of SV/ULV.

No, the 1000 command means ulv voltages and the kernel is stock 1000 sv

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

dpaine88

Reaction score
No, the 1000 command means ulv voltages and the kernel is stock 1000 sv

19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

Ok thats what I thought, do you have any idea what the stock kernel voltages are?

Reaction score
Latest kernel is giving me battery life like I used to get on froyo. 13 hours so far and still at 40%. Listened to music for 6 and a half hours at work, 1 hour of phone use, and 45 mins of display. This kernel and Steel droid 9 might be my setup until I can upgrade to the nexus in March.

Had problems with high os readings at first but wiped batt stats and that seemed to work.

kevdog

Reaction score
Prime -- you going the way of the Nexus? -- I'm probably jumping ship the next few days. I soooo wish you would develop kernels for the nexus device if possible. Thanks a ton for everything you have done!!

AlphaMack

Reaction score
The newest kernel is giving me some serious lag with CM 7.1.0 stable. Back to #19 for me (buttery smooth with the same settings).

- No compcache; 64 MB swap partition, swappiness = 10
- JIT on
- V6 Supercharger (6,8,25,30,35,35)

For comparison, I tried the following previous settings I used and still had the same lag:

- No compcache; 128 MB swap partition, swappiness = 15, 20, and 30 (seemed to be worse the higher the swappiness)
- JIT on and off
- V6 Supercharger (6,8,24,30,40,50)

I don't have the luxury of clearing dalvik as I have 180+ apps and a bunch of stuff linked over to my 512 MB ext3 partition...

donhwyo

Reaction score
Prime -- you going the way of the Nexus? -- I'm probably jumping ship the next few days. I soooo wish you would develop kernels for the nexus device if possible. Thanks a ton for everything you have done!!

I hope prime is able to move on to the gnex if he wants to. I also hope he stays here and helps those of use who have not got 4g yet. I see no reason to move on if 4g is not available. Sure it would be nice to have the speed memory etc but the main reason to jump is 4g. By the time we get 4g a gnex will be 29.95 on ebay.

So hopefully Prime will choose to stay and be King of the og and not another also ran gnex defector.:biggrin:

Winners build 253 and latest kernel (I think? Not sure how to tell what version the latest is. From about a week and a half ago) has some lag occasionally. But works fine most of the time.

Thanks,
Don

Durandgir

Reaction score
It be amazing if Prime stayed.I don't have an upgrade until April so I'm a little stuck plus I neither have the money yet because I'm only a senior in high school who is having a tough time finding a job

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, what I've seen so far with the newest kernel...very fast but not very stable and has problems with memory usage/management (not entirely sure how the kernel interacts with memory but it doesn't do very well at all on this test)...wiping dalvik cache causes all sorts of problems from apps crashing, phone freezing/battery pull, many hot reboots right after and very very very slow to get everything working again...basically I applied the v6 supercharger settings, zipaligned apps, and a fix permissions then wiped dalvik cache and it took about 5 battery pulls and 5-6 quick forced hot reboots to work again...other kernels only take 1-2 reboots (first one being the initial reboot after wiping dalvik)

19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
It's interesting to see how much each kernel can affect various devices.

I don't have funds for a nexus so I may or may not release kernels for it (for i in undecided do stuff;), I like to personally give each kernel hell before releasing.

The 1000 script is there because the kernel is usually 900mhz, I simply left it in.

phonetool

Reaction score
I have noticed a trend, V6 = wonkiness.

I haven't noticed anything weirder than before (with your previous kernels), but I'll try it without V6SC for a while to see if that's any better.

- onDroid

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have noticed a trend, V6 = wonkiness.

True, however even with a regular wipe and reboot of dalvik cache it causes similar problems just not quite as bad- 2-3 battery pulls, and 2-3 hot reboots

19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
OT

I just looked at the price of a nexus....$799 are you freaking kidding me (Samsung can go f themselves in the a!).