[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

phonetool

Reaction score
Ok, i will try this. But is there a way to have Low voltage rather than Ultra Low voltage? Just asking. I see in the OP the primed and deprimed scripts are ULV and SV.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Just read the last few weeks of this thread. No need to start on day one.
All your answers are here in recent posts.

If something is still tripping you up, post up!
Also tell us of your successes and any tests you try.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, i will try this. But is there a way to have Low voltage rather than Ultra Low voltage? Just asking. I see in the OP the primed and deprimed scripts are ULV and SV.

The commands for 1000, 1100, and 1250 are basically between ulv and lv...however you can also try upping the vsels slightly (one or two numbers) to get it more stable for you phone

Supercharged tweaked Miui.us
Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, but quick question. How can i copy the values straight from terminal emulator? Or do i have to write it all down to the 20overclock file with my keyboard.

yeah, i figured out an easy way instead of typing just ulv or 1000 or 1100 or 1250 in a su terminal, make a file on your sdcard named 20overclock type it like this substituting whichever speed you want for the 1250-
Code:
cat /system/bin/1250 > /mnt/sdcard/20overclock

oh and then move the 20overclock file to /system/etc/init.d with permissions rwxr-xr-x (owner read write execute, group read execute, others read execute)

Last edited:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait, wait. Do you mean to put 20overclock right on my sd? Or system/etc/init.d <--- which i did.

i suppose you could make a 20overclock file in /system/etc/init.d to start with the permissions i said before, just make sure to adjust the file path of the terminal script like this after using root explorer to mount /system read/write (rw)-
cat 1250 > /system/etc/init.d/20overclock

just as long as it ends up in the init.d folder with the proper permissions its all good

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I really should have finished the overclock app as it allowed for automated 20overclock generation but I lost the original code and didn't really want to start over.

Easiest thing to do is mount system rw then copy one of the overclock files into init.d naming it 20overclock.

Example...in a terminal type this.

su
sysrw
cp /system/bin/1100 /etc/init.d/20overclock
sysro

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really should have finished the overclock app as it allowed for automated 20overclock generation but I lost the original code and didn't really want to start over.

Easiest thing to do is mount system rw then copy one of the overclock files into init.d naming it 20overclock.

Example...in a terminal type this.

su
sysrw
cp /system/bin/1100 /etc/init.d/20overclock
sysro

what do you do if a rom doesnt have the sysrw command? there is a way to do it manually from terminal, right?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
...It doesnt seem to be working. I didnt get a chance to do the first method you provided, with putting the values of "ulv 1100" into 20overclock file since i dont know if there is a copy function in terminal.

which way isnt working? the one i posted or the one prime posted?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
The way you told me with the cat 1250 script. I didnt get to fully try the first one you told me to put "ulv 1250" and paste the values in 20overclock file.

the one prime said should work, or simply using root explorer to copy/paste whichever speed you want from /system/bin to /system/etc/init.d will work too (i only said use the cat command because i thought there was more to each one than just the lines needed for the 20overclock script btw lol)

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
first you dont enter ulv 1100, its ulv, 1000, 1100, or 1250...ulv is the same as the others it just stands for 900 and second, the files for each one in the /bin folder are exactly what goes in the init.d folder, just rename it 20overclock so you can flash the declock zip in case of a bootloop...so technically terminal isnt even needed if you have root explorer (btw the speed wont take effect until after a reboot)