prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
first you dont enter ulv 1100, its ulv, 1000, 1100, or 1250...ulv is the same as the others it just stands for 900 (btw the speed wont take effect until after a reboot)

ulv is 900mhz but the vsels are ulv (safe)

the other 3 are standard voltage (1000, 1100, and 1250)

you can manually run the 20overclock in a term by one of two ways

su
./etc/init.d/20overclock

or

su
sh /etc/init.d/20overclock

Last edited:

phonetool

Reaction score
It may be important to note that simply flashing the kernel gives you 1000MHz overclock by default. The vsels are 'semi ulv'.
If that's good enough for you, you don't have to futz around with terminal, scripts, or other files. You don't have to "make it work", it already does.

Only if you want to 'permanently' authorize a different MHz step range and edit the associated voltages will you need to create the overclock file.

All of this is explained in the first post and last few weeks posts.
Redding iz gud 4 u.

All I have done is create two scripts on my sd card using script manager (free). One contains the command "1100" and the other "1250". I have shortcuts to both on the desktop of the phone.
When my phone boots it is running the default 1000. Typically I run 1100. When I use the camera or update apps, I run 1250.

- onDroid

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Interesting !!!

If you are running a CyanogenMod 7 already, doesn't that include a kernel too packaged with the CM ROM ?
Does one have the option of choosing a kernel other than the one pre-packaged with the bundled CM7 ROM?

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Interesting !!!

If you are running a CyanogenMod 7 already, doesn't that include a kernel too packaged with the CM ROM ?
Does one have the option of choosing a kernel other than the one pre-packaged with the bundled CM7 ROM?

CM7 does include a kernel. To use a different kernel simply flash it after you flash the ROM.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
So ran the primed script using terminal and I got the 20overclock script. How do I know what values to put to make it a higher min/max value? As of now my SETCPU says 900 max. How would I make it 1100?

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

do this instead in terminal
su
sysrw
cp /system/bin/1100 /etc/init.d/20overclock
sh /etc/init.d/20overclock
sysro

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have compcache enabled at 18% on my rom. But when i run "compcache restart" in terminal it says "zram not found" and i looked at system/lib/modules and it seems there is no ramzwap.ko anywhere. :blink:

yeah, prime forgot the compcache module in the last release, try typing in zswap in terminal...i think that enables some type of swap somewhere?

Thank You :)
If i want to clock it up to 1250 all i have to do is put the same lines in terminal and replace "cp /system/bin/1100" 1100 with 1250. Correct?
And is it standard voltage?

yup, and its between ultra low voltage and low voltage, btw usually my phone can run well at 1250 but i edited the 20overclock file because my phone didnt like it on this kernel and gets a bit warm at 1250 on the ics rom, all i did was change the value near the end to 1200 instead of 1250 with root explorer and text editor, i would suggest this if you notice any issues (only real difference between 1200 and 1250 is benchmarks)

-btw just an extra little bit of info, ramzswap.ko isnt the only compcache module available in kernels, some have zram.ko instead

Last edited:

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
yeah, prime forgot the compcache module in the last release, try typing in zswap in terminal...i think that enables some type of swap somewhere?

yup, and its between ultra low voltage and low voltage, btw usually my phone can run well at 1250 but i edited the 20overclock file because my phone didnt like it on this kernel and gets a bit warm at 1250 on the ics rom, all i did was change the value near the end to 1200 instead of 1250 with root explorer and text editor, i would suggest this if you notice any issues (only real difference between 1200 and 1250 is benchmarks)

-btw just an extra little bit of info, ramzswap.ko isnt the only compcache module available in kernels, some have zram.ko instead

Thanks for quick reply. So basically you just subtracted a few numbers off the vsel values?
And yeah I noticed that the system/lib/modules didn't have zram.ko or ramzwap.ko so i guess ill try to run "zwap" in terminal and see what happens. Otherwise, might as well turn off compcache.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for quick reply. So basically you just subtracted a few numbers off the vsel values?
And yeah I noticed that the system/lib/modules didn't have zram.ko or ramzwap.ko so i guess ill try to run "zwap" in terminal and see what happens. Otherwise, might as well turn off compcache.

i lowered the top speed from 1250 to 1200...lower vsels would make things worse lol

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, do you think you can explain how you did that? I tried to make it 1250 and i bootlooped. There doesn't seem to be a 1200 file in system/bin
su
sysrw
cp /system/bin/1250 /etc/init.d/20overclock
sysro

then use root explorer to go to /etc/init.d/20overclock, long press, open in text editor and change this line
echo "1250000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate
to
echo "1200000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate
save and run sh /etc/init.d/20overclock in terminal
(should look like this)
View attachment 45877

if that doesnt work try changing these
echo "80" > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
to
echo "78" > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo "1150000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate
(should look like this)
View attachment 45878

Last edited:

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
su
sysrw
cp /system/bin/1250 /etc/init.d/20overclock
sysro

then use root explorer to go to /etc/init.d/20overclock, long press, open in text editor and change this line
to
echo "1200000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate
save and run sh /etc/init.d/20overclock in terminal
(should look like this)
View attachment 45877

if that doesnt work try changing these
echo "80" > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
to
echo "78" > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo "1150000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate
(should look like this)
View attachment 45878

Alright thanks. It seems to work. But i see the only difference between my overclock file with yours is at the bottom mine says "Kernel has been primed for 1250mhz" and your says "Kernel has been primed for ULV" instead.