Keep It On Keeps Your Phone's Screen From Turning Off!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
AndroidPIT-Screen-Timeout.jpg

There is nothing more annoying than when you are trying to read an article or watch a video and your screen tries to turn off on its own. This is obviously a pretty easy fix. You can go into your settings and change the sleep time for your display. The only downside to this is that your display will time out at this longer time rate even when you don't need it to draining battery life. There is a better way. A new application by "Fredericosilva" called "Keepiton" detects the slightest of movements which means if you are holding your device and actively looking at it your screen shouldn't time out. This app is obviously not perfect, but should help if you are in a situation where you need the screen to stay on for a while.

Via XDA

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Installed and running. Let's see just how well it works...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Will do. It seems to work nicely but I'm curious just how sensitive it is. I'm trying to hold the phone as still as possible but can't get the screen to turn off! So far so good.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well based on your 24hr review will decide if I'll give it a go.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well based on your 24hr review will decide if I'll give it a go.
Well, I placed the phone on my lap and the screen did shut off after 2 minutes of gentle movement while breathing and rocking on the kitchen chair ever so slightly.

The thing is, it shouldn't take you more than 2 minutes to read a screen full of text, so the moment you touch your screen the clock starts over giving you another two minutes. In other words, unless you nod off while reading (which I often do when in bed), your screen shouldn't time out, even if you have it set to two minutes as I do.

One thing is, if the screen does go off on a time out, just a quick movement immediately afterwards turns the screen on again. You can set how long after the screen shuts off that it will resume operation with detected movement, from between 2, 5, 7 and ten seconds. In that respect it's helpful as you don't need to hit the power button to resume screen on.

Huannsaiy

Reaction score
Twitter
Amy Freud
First, thank you for your help,But then, when I read the article, I also have to be transferred back.But it is still not very convenient

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
KeepScreen by Axdroid LLC has been working for me for years.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Raydee35

Reaction score
Strange, I tried it but there are no settings that I can change, is that normal?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Strange, I tried it but there are no settings that I can change, is that normal?
Only setting I saw other than on/off is " You can go into your settings and change the sleep time for your display. "

Raydee35

Reaction score
Well I tried it and had to delete it. There is one one major flaw in my opinion, when I receive a text with my phone in my pocket the screen comes on and stays on until I completely stop moving.