Turn Off Your HTC One M8 Screen Without The Power Button!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;5iCy97TVKRg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iCy97TVKRg[/video]

The only thing that really aggravates me about the HTC One series design is the obvious misplacement of the power button. You have to shimmy the device in your hand to access the power button which is on the top of the device. The M8 is even a bit longer than the M7 was so this is even more of an inconvenience. HTC has added the ability to wake the screen by double tapping the screen which is great, but if you want to put the phone back to sleep you will still need to reach up for the power button. The video above demonstrates an Xposed Framework module which includes a setting to change your back button into a power button on the homescreen only so that you can easily turn your screen off. This does require you to be rooted and to have the Xposed Framework installed. Head to the link below to download the module!

Via Play Store

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
"screen off and lock" is great - i changed my home button swipe up to power off (from google now search)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
"screen off and lock" is great - i changed my home button swipe up to power off (from google now search)

THIS! ^^^^^^ That is what I want. Do you need XPosed and root? I was just thinking that it would be much more convenient to have it there instead of on the button bar in case you accidentally press it.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
THIS! ^^^^^^ That is what I want. Do you need XPosed and root? I was just thinking that it would be much more convenient to have it there instead of on the button bar in case you accidentally press it.

nope, no root needed