[APP] OrientationLocker Keeps Your Phone From Auto-Rotating

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have all been there. Driving or doing something with multiple hands you accidentally turn your phone at a slight angle and it rotates. Now you have to take your attention off of whatever else you are doing and turn the phone so that it rotates back the way you had intended. This can be quite annoying even if it is a "First World Pain". You could lock your orientation, but that requires you to search through the settings. OrientationLocker loads itself in a position on the screen which then allows you to lock your orientation each time the orientation changes. The app is still under development so it may not be perfect. Grab it out at the source link below.

Via Play Store

Detonation

Reaction score
Driving or doing something with multiple hands you accidentally turn your phone at a slight angle and it rotates.

Why are you using your phone while driving? If anything it should at least be docked so you don't have to hold it or worry about it rotating. Sorry for the thread crap...just seems like a poor choice of an example for a news story.

Last edited:

moset

Reaction score
Forget the driving thing, seems to be a pretty neat app. Maybe my orientation sensor is a bit too sensitive. It basically gives me the option to allow screen to rotate or not. I find that often while typing in some apps the screen will rotate with only a slight tilt when I don't want it to rotate. This app me lock or unlock rotation within the app. It's triggered by the orientation and pops up to allow changing auto rotation on the fly. I only wonder how much battery it uses.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

moset

Reaction score
I have this option right in my pull down menu...ftw

So do I but, this app sure is convenient. I keep auto rotate off and when I turn the phone an icon pops up that allows me to quickly turn it on. One tap.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
So do I but, this app sure is convenient. I keep auto rotate off and when I turn the phone an icon pops up that allows me to quickly turn it on. One tap.

That is nice!