5 Battery Saving Tips For The Galaxy S8

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gsocho-ny-03-jg-jpg.77404

I have been using the Galaxy S8 for the past several days. Even though the phone has just a 3000mah battery I have found that I can generally get a full days use out of the phone. That being said there are some changes you can make to your device in the way you set it up to get the very most out of your battery life. Here are my top 5 tips to saving battery life on the Galaxy S8.

1.) Turn off the Always On Display- To be honest you won't see much of a difference here, but every mah counts when you are trying to get the most out of battery life. The S8 has an AMOLED display which means black colors are produced by turning off the pixels. Only a few pixels have to light up to show you info on the Always On Display. Still disabling it will help to save battery life.

2.) Reduce Display brightness to 30%- People argue with me about this all the time, but I have been doing this for years and tend to get better battery life then the people I know who don't. When you use Auto brightness your screen auto adjusts to the light sources around it. Go outside it automatically cranks up the brightness. Auto brightness normally has the brightness of my display much higher than I actually need it even in low light settings. With the AMOLED display this just isn't necessary. You will be able to see the display at 30% even out doors. If you are outdoors all the time like I am this can equate to huge savings.

3.) The Galaxy S8 gives you the ability to set your display's resolution. Believe it or not reducing your display's resolution does save battery life. It is enough of a battery savings that Samsung saw fit to set the resolution to 1080p out of the box. For more savings you can set the display to 720p. Before you cringe give it a try and see if you can really see a difference.

4.) Smart Stay- One tip for saving battery life that you may not think of is enabling smart stay. Smart stay keeps your devices display on as long as you are looking at it. There is nothing quite as frustrating as your screen timing out on you while trying to read an article. Once you have smart stay enabled you can reduce your screen time out to 15 seconds. Screen timeout is set to 30 seconds by default. The extra 15 second break your phone will get will save precious mah.

5.) There is one more less obvious way to save battery life. Samsung has an "app power monitor" feature. If you go into settings and then battery you will see it there. It shows you which apps are running in the background and which apps are open but sleeping. The apps that are running in the background are checking for notifications and other things. You can use the app power monitor feature to tell those apps to sleep when you are not using them. This will also help you to save on battery life.

Are there any other tips that you can think of to help save battery life on the Galaxy S8?

Attachments

• gsocho-ny-03-jg.jpg
    gsocho-ny-03-jg.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 7,415