just rooted

eye_dea

Reaction score
rocketsaucev2 said:
So I have been running kin3tx for a few weeks now and like it alot. I noticed I have been having 4g issues, like it drops ALL the time. At first I didn't think much about it because I'm on wifi most of the time. I knew I was updated to the latest version, but double checked. On my safe side running the custom rom it says system version is .894, but on my stock unsafe side I am running .902. Is there supposed to be a discrepancy between those two? I would hate to have to erase all my work of getting my phone to where I want it on the safe side. Does getting my phone up to the .902 on safe side mean a wipe and all that are necessary?

Kin3tx was built on the 894 version and has been patched to work with the 901 ans 902 radios. It may say 894, but its still using your 902 radio and system. The safe side ROM is installed in the preinstall partition and uses all the other partitions just as the original system does. It still uses the original systems webtop/kernel/radio and so on. You do get a dual boot system, but its not 2 separate systems.

eye_dea

Reaction score
rocketsaucev2 said:
Yeah, its the .901 version of kin3tx. I will probably just deal with no 4g until my upgrade in 6 months. I just don't understand why safe side says a different version than unsafe.

btw, I switched back over to unsafe side and tried to load up a web page on 4g, supposedly .902. Connection left immediately. So I guess I'm not missing anything on my custom ROM.

Do you use juice defender or any battery appa that kill your connection?

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Decided to flash the. 905 update and haven't dropped 4 g yet! My baby is back!

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Anorher question. So I flashed eclipse 3.0 bit I'm so used to go launcher (plus it rocks) that I ended up putting that over top of everything else. But I cant seem to get the blue messaging icon onto my message shortcut. Its the default logo so it shows up everywhere except in the list of possible icons. I even tried to Google for images but was surprisingly unsuccessful.

deduct

Reaction score
Give holo launcher a try rocket. Its free.

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
So why in the world are some text boxes black, with the font also black. I can't see what I'm typing but it isn't every time I'm typing just some text boxes and text are both black. For instance, the droid forums app, the text box is black but the font blue. But google + app has a black box and black text. Is there an easy way to change this?

deduct

Reaction score
rocketsaucev2 said:
So why in the world are some text boxes black, with the font also black. I can't see what I'm typing but it isn't every time I'm typing just some text boxes and text are both black. For instance, the droid forums app, the text box is black but the font blue. But google + app has a black box and black text. Is there an easy way to change this?

Try a theme on top of eclipse. I'm using the matted blue theme now and it does not have the issue with the text.

deduct

Reaction score
rocketsaucev2 said:
I am running titanium ice. Could that be it?

Yep. That's it. Try matted blue. Its pretty slick.

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Wow! There's no shortage of answers here! Thank again deduct. You've been a great help