Newbie... Wanna try to root but don't know anything!

jcobb124

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I recently switched to a Bionic and all I have read about is root, root, root. I would like to think I have studied it and researched it, but it is all greek to me! Can someone please humor me and cover the pros & cons of rooting my phone. Please pardon my ignorance...
Can I add ROMs from other droid phones i.e. Galaxy S2 or some other cool ROMs... Like I said, I know nothing, but really want to do this!!

Thanks in advance!!

Concistency

Reaction score
Basically, root gives you "more" access (root access). You can flash roms that are made for the Bionic such as Eclipse, Th3ory roms, check out the Bionic forums in the ROM's subforum. A lot to explain, I reccommend checking out youtube channels such as DroidModd3rX's Channel - YouTube , he has great tutorials, videos are visual and you can follow along, best advice for a person first looking into rooting. In his channel uploads just search "Bionic" because he covers many devices.

OP
J

jcobb124

Reaction score
If for some reason, can you undo everything and return the phone to stock status?

Concistency

Reaction score
If for some reason, can you undo everything and return the phone to stock status?
Yes, you can there are posts in here about that. I haven't went back to stock but I believe follow the update path if you looking to go back to stock to receive OTA updates.