New to Rooting my Bionic | Questions

Renzou2k4

Reaction score
Hello All!

I've decided that I want to root my Bionic, but I'm a little confused in the Forums. Unless I'm reading it wrong, Motorola did something in 905 that doesn't allow for rooting to happen? Or am I completely off?

Should I downgrade to 902 with the House of Droid post(or does that require to be rooted already?) or can I root from 905 without any issues?

Also, please tell me if I have these steps right or wrong

1. Root the phone
2. Install SafeStrap
3. Install the ROM that compatible and the one I'd like
4. Enjoy newly rooted phone

Thanks for any assistance!

linuxgator

Reaction score
For .905, you just have to use motofail_windows.zip which can be found fairly easily via google search. The steps you have listed are correct.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
First, you can root as linuxgator mentioned. All of the current Bionic ICS leaks are rootable. The discussions concerning unrootable phones are the Razr M and later. The gent that wrote the current script to root Motorola devices has said that the Razr M is not rootable at this particular time. With time, I'm sure they will find a way to exploit the firmware.

However, I bought a SG3 and have been playing with that and have not kept up with the Bionic like I promised myself I was going to so some info might be dated.

Enjoy! :biggrin:

OP
R

Renzou2k4

Reaction score
Awesome, thx for the help. So I was going to install a SafeStrap for my bionic, but I couldn't find a version that would work. Found a BionicSafeStrap ICS 2.11 but nothing else. Anyone have any suggestions?