just rooted

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Hi. I have been using my fist android, a bionic, since october. I have recently decided to root my phone. I had done a little research prior, and think I have a relative grasp on the basics. However, I still feel like I have only dipped my toes into the ocean, so to speak.

My question is, what should I do now? What are some things I can/ should download? I know I sound like an idiot, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
PS I downloaded titanium backup already

ArmyMP98

Reaction score
I just rooted my phone, but before rooting, I moved the bloatware to a folder in my app drawer...After rooting, I downloaded root explorer and removed some of the bloatware that was on the phone..forgetting that I had most of them in a separate folder in the app drawer, after I went into root explorer and moved them to the SD card I went back to check if they were gone and they answer is yes, but I still had them in my folder I created before rooting. Now I released them out of the folder and they are back in my app drawer but when I go back to the root explorer under apps they are not in there, they are on the sd card ext where I put them..hope somebody can help that is not to confused on what i did

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
This is unbelievable! Loads of awesome and tons of fun! Thank you again for the links, and also (not the right place I know) those responsible for the guides. I feel like I just got my droid again!

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
So if I forgot to save my contacts to google, does that mean they are gone after flashing a ROM?

eye_dea

Reaction score
So if I forgot to save my contacts to google, does that mean they are gone after flashing a ROM?

No. Do you use verizon backup assistant? Or you can go back to the unsafe (stock) side and change the settings in the contacts app, then go back to the ROM on the safe side.

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
OK, different question. I installed the eclipse rom fine without mishap, but I am having trouble installing the coredroid theme. I install it following the instructions, but when I boot it just goes to a black screen and does nothing.

deduct

Reaction score
rocketsaucev2 said:
OK, different question. I installed the eclipse rom fine without mishap, but I am having trouble installing the coredroid theme. I install it following the instructions, but when I boot it just goes to a black screen and does nothing.

Forget core DROID. Have you tried nice cream sandwich theme? It is my favorite theme for eclipse.

deduct

Reaction score
rocketsaucev2 said:
Well if I can't get any to work it wont make much of a difference

Which themes have you tried? It might have something to do with theme and which version of eclipse you are running. you on eclipse 2.2?

eye_dea

Reaction score

Use the themers directions in the OP of the theme. You don't follow all the instructions from the safestrap guide again.

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Which themes have you tried? It might have something to do with theme and which version of eclipse you are running. you on eclipse 2.2?
Yes, 2.2
Use the themers directions in the OP of the theme. You don't follow all the instructions from the safestrap guide again.
Attempting again, after doing the contact to google thing in stock. Just wanted to say thanks for the continued help, you guys are awesome!

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Got it. Thanks for the patient help for a NOOB! I'm gonna stop messin with stuff for a while now...