just rooted

deduct

Reaction score
rocketsaucev2 said:
Yes, 2.2

Attempting again, after doing the contact to google thing in stock. Just wanted to say thanks for the continued help, you guys are awesome!

Eye dea is the man. He's helped me out of many a jam

deduct

Reaction score
rocketsaucev2 said:
OK, different question. I installed the eclipse rom fine without mishap, but I am having trouble installing the coredroid theme. I install it following the instructions, but when I boot it just goes to a black screen and does nothing.

Well, I was wrong about core DROID. I flashed this theme last night and I think its my favorite one for eclipse. If I steered you away from it, rocket, Im sorry. I should have tried it before I knocked it.

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
So I have been running kin3tx for a few weeks now and like it alot. I noticed I have been having 4g issues, like it drops ALL the time. At first I didn't think much about it because I'm on wifi most of the time. I knew I was updated to the latest version, but double checked. On my safe side running the custom rom it says system version is .894, but on my stock unsafe side I am running .902. Is there supposed to be a discrepancy between those two? I would hate to have to erase all my work of getting my phone to where I want it on the safe side. Does getting my phone up to the .902 on safe side mean a wipe and all that are necessary?

deduct

Reaction score
You are okay. The rom will read whatever version it is built off of. U are running the updated .901 version of kin3tx right? If not you can find it here:
http://www.***********/folder/keuGKfox/_online.html
Its the last file. The rest are themes for kin3tx.

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Yeah, its the .901 version of kin3tx. I will probably just deal with no 4g until my upgrade in 6 months. I just don't understand why safe side says a different version than unsafe.

btw, I switched back over to unsafe side and tried to load up a web page on 4g, supposedly .902. Connection left immediately. So I guess I'm not missing anything on my custom ROM.

deduct

Reaction score
That sucks. You try removing sim card for a bit and replacing? Have u always had radio problems or is it recent? U might take that leaked .905 version. I read that it improves radio. Have not made that leap yet myself. Waiting to see if it becomes official.

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Hadn't had the problems before I rooted :/ Funny, everything I've read says not to mess with stock system, but those leaks are for stock.

So what you saying is since my stock system is. 902, the safe side is also, even though it says. 894?

deduct

Reaction score
Exactly. Flashing a leak is just updating your system version. So, if it improves your performance then it will not harm un safe side. It is usually worthwhile to wait for it to become official though and take it over the air. What method did you use to root?

deduct

Reaction score
Weird. That's the best and safest. You might try unrooting and see if that helps. Your best bet might be to take the .905 update since it should make you lose root. If that helps you can moto fail again to root. Happened to me when I flashed .904. I found out that was not going to be official so I reverted back to .902

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I think I'll end up keeping it the way it is. I have spent enough time messing with this thing! At least it works. Thanks for the info!

deduct

Reaction score
Okay. Personal message me if u need any help with anything. Ill do what I can to help.