Just got my D3

digipoo

Reaction score
Got my D3 last night, and I let it charge all night. 6 hours of light to heavy usage and the phone was at 10%. Liking the battery life so far as it is on par with my previous droid X. The one thing that I fell is missing is the ability to turn the screen back on with the hardware buttons or even the capacitive buttons like I could with the DX when I hit the home key. Is there anyway to get his functionality back? Aside from that I have the extended battery but I haven't used it yet and the case/holster combo seems a little incompetent (it is too easy to slide the phone out).

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Hmm...
Not sure how to get it.

But about the battery life. It really has only gotten better for me.
By my 5th full charge I get a good 10 hours with average usage.

OP
digipoo

digipoo

Reaction score
I was downloading via the market for an hour and doing the rest of the setup, 3 hours downloading music and streaming, 2 hours of travel in areas underground or in tunnels while listening to music. So I think that it is already stellar.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I was downloading via the market for an hour and doing the rest of the setup, 3 hours downloading music and streaming, 2 hours of travel in areas underground or in tunnels while listening to music. So I think that it is already stellar.

Thats good. At first mine was bad, but that may have been because I couldn't put it down lol.

But now mine is very good. I don't even need an extended battery.
Kinda makes not having 4G a good thing.

OP
digipoo

digipoo

Reaction score
One of the main reasons I did not ask for a 4G capable device as a replacement. The other reason was because of the keyboard. Oh dear sweet physical keyboard how I have missed you so.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The one thing that I fell is missing is the ability to turn the screen back on with the hardware buttons or even the capacitive buttons like I could with the DX when I hit the home key. Is there anyway to get his functionality back?

"No Lock" in the market will allow you to use the volume rocker buttons to turn the screen on but it also keeps the lock screen from locking the device. (If that matters to you.)

gthotie5

Reaction score
You can slide your keyboard up?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I think why people get bad battery stats is that they don't kill the battery ( use it till its dead) and fully charge (don't use until 100 percent) the first 3 times of charge

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jenntas

Reaction score
Me too!! I went from a Droid X to a Droid 3 and the having a keyboard again is GLORIOUS!!! It is so much better than the droid 2 keyboard.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I think why people get bad battery stats is that they don't kill the battery ( use it till its dead) and fully charge (don't use until 100 percent) the first 3 times of charge

I think that once would suffice.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Me too!! I went from a Droid X to a Droid 3 and the having a keyboard again is GLORIOUS!!! It is so much better than the droid 2 keyboard.

IKR.

I could never go to a non-keybord phone after this.
It helps in countless ways.

Plus, the size is smaller, meaning I can fit my phone comfortably in my pocket finally. (after using a TB and Droid X)

And the phone is just fast. I have about 10 widgets, a live wallpaper set to run at 60 FPS, music playing through headphones, and multitasking like crazy, but the phone doesn't lag a bit!

JohnnyS101

Reaction score

IKR.

I could never go to a non-keybord phone after this.
It helps in countless ways.

Plus, the size is smaller, meaning I can fit my phone comfortably in my pocket finally. (after using a TB and Droid X)

And the phone is just fast. I have about 10 widgets, a live wallpaper set to run at 60 FPS, music playing through headphones, and multitasking like crazy, but the phone doesn't lag a bit!

Well that's what dual core does for you

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Okay, this may be a shot in the dark, BUT when I first got mine going, I discovered that in dark lighting, the screen was on but all black. I changed the battery settings to performance and a couple restarts and it resolved itself. My first day up all day. Uplugged for 13 hrs and at 40%. Check the battery usage and see if apps are running that you don't want to be. The build in task manager app allows you to set to auto kill the bloat ware.

Reaction score
I got mine on Wednesday and it fantastic. The only thing for me is that the battery gets hot very fast even when im doing very little. Im thinking about taking it to verizon and getting a replacement battery.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I got mine on Wednesday and it fantastic. The only thing for me is that the battery gets hot very fast even when im doing very little. Im thinking about taking it to verizon and getting a replacement battery.

Keep in mind, the processor on the d3 is toward the bottom of the phone behind the battery. This could be the temp change you are feeling.