Just got my D3

Reaction score
Would that be the battery or the phone getting that hot?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
digipoo

digipoo

Reaction score
Mine gets hot when charging, and when I have the 3G radio in use (downloading) for an extended period of time ie. 5 mins and up. It is uncomfortable to hold without the case or the back cover but with the back cover it gets slightly better and with the case and back cover it just feels warm. This was all with the stock battery.

Currently I am recharging the phone with the extended battery.

Reaction score
Im thinking that maybe my phone is not running as hot as I thought. Im on wifi now and its not getting as hot as before. Before I was on 3g and only had one bar so im thinking that it was just working way to hard. But im keeping my eye on it.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im thinking that maybe my phone is not running as hot as I thought. Im on wifi now and its not getting as hot as before. Before I was on 3g and only had one bar so im thinking that it was just working way to hard. But im keeping my eye on it.

Mine got very hot too the first week, now its a-ok and nothings been wrong with it besides yesterday losing 3g for 5 hours. But, I believe that was a problem in my area as my friends were experiencing the same thing.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
My only problem is the N64 app. For some reason, the Droid 3 plays all the games with weird blue tints on certain spots. How can I fix this?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My only problem is the N64 app. For some reason, the Droid 3 plays all the games with weird blue tints on certain spots. How can I fix this?

Try reinstalling maybe? Im not noticing this issue so far.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Try reinstalling maybe? Im not noticing this issue so far.

Thanks bro.
I reinstalled an older version and it fixed.