1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

A Few D3 Issues (Day 2 of using)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by xjeff99, Aug 3, 2011.

1. xjeff99

xjeff99 New Member

Hello! I just got the D3 yesterday coming from an OG Droid. Have a couple questions.

-- How do I get the on-screen keyboard to hide automatically? Whenever I open up a text, website, calendar event, anything that has a text box on it while in the vertical (normal) direction, the virtual keyboard pops up, and I have to hit the back soft-key button to hide it. There was a way on the OG Droid to "auto-hide" or something on that nature the virtual keyboard until I specifically click into the text box. I can't seem to find that setting on the D3. Anyone?

-- I've seen a few responses across the D3 forum about this but has anyone found out a solution - a way to change the lock screen silent - noise slider to a silent - vibrate only - noise slider? Or just a vibrate - noise slider? I never use silent, and switch from vibrate to noise depdning on if I'm at work or at home.

-- I use Handcent for texting, and have put the handcent shortcut on the dock on the bottom of the stock Blur. Is there a way to put the handcent widget on there instead? Or at least something so I can see the amount of unread texts there, similar to how the handcent widget displays on the homescreen?

-- I let the D3 drain last night until it was dead and actually turned off on it's own. I then plugged it into the wall charger to charge up but turned it back on as I was still configuring it to the way I wanted it. I charged it up to 100% by the AM and now with moderate usage around 5 hours later I'm around 30% (wifi off, bluetooth off, only 3G is on). Is this normal?

-- (EDITED TO ADD): The Location services thing - the 3 different settings. Can someone just please clarify this? All I use the location thing for is when i need Navigation or looking at traffic on the maps. Can someone tell me which one/two of these 3 I need turned on for that?

-- One more - back to the lock screen. Are there any apps/widgets/settings that puts more information on the lock screen? I have Handcent set so the popup text comes in front of the lock screen which is very useful, but i would like to be able to see what the email is or at least who the email is from when I receive one, instead of unlocking it and then going into my email app or pulling down the notification bar. Any idea?

Thanks in advance everyone!