Help, I think I bricked my Droid3!

newjerseyninja

Reaction score
Right now the D3 will not power on if I hold down the power button.

If I plug in a charger, the white LED near the HDMI and USB terminal will come on for a while, then it eventually goes out. I left the D3 charging for approximately 8 hours and it still won't power on.

Here's how I got there:

Last night I installed Safestrap 3.05. I had installed the latest CM9 in ROM slot2 and that worked fine. I had backed up the stock rom too. I then installed CM10.1 in slot1 and found that the phone would not start up past safestrap with that ROM. I then deleted CM10.1 in ROM slot 1. I was in the process of formatting ROM Slot1 for use with a different ROM when I feel asleep. The phone was not plugged in. When I woke up the phone was powered off, I assume due to a drained battery.

How do I fix this?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need to get a fully charged battery to see if the battery is the issue or it is the phone itself.

OP
N

newjerseyninja

Reaction score
You need to get a fully charged battery to see if the battery is the issue or it is the phone itself.

****Update

TO fix this I had to charge the phone in my car with the car charger. Apparently charging from a computer for 8 hours did nothing, even with an AC powered USB hub, it did not actually charge the phone. 10 minutes on the car charger got it started.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah yes. USB hubs do nothing via charging.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2