I done with Droid3

dolph27

Reaction score
Just want to say that this my last posting to Droid3 forum. I had my D3 for less than 1 year and it was most horrible device I ever had: 1. Slow like hell, my previous phone DINC (single core) was flying comparing with D3. 2. Camera is unusable wake up time is forever and often crashing. 3. But worst those infamous roaming messages that just kill you while you in Canada or other foreign CDMA. Also D3 tends to connect to 3g data in Canada by itself even if you have switched off mobile data and charge you for data you don't use ($2.05/Mb). No upgrade to ICS was a trigger for me.
Sold it on eBay for $175 and upgraded to Galaxy s3 using other line. So far extremely happy with S3... D3 was my last Moto phone ever

Last edited:

skennelly

Reaction score
You'll love the S3, especially coming from Motorola. At least that has been my experience. :)

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

OP
D

dolph27

Reaction score
Showdown for Motorola. Google cut 4000 employees. I guess whoever is still waiting for official ICS for Droid 3 could now forget about it...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Showdown for Motorola. Google cut 4000 employees. I guess whoever is still waiting for official ICS for Droid 3 could now forget about it...

FYI there was never going to be official ICS for the Droid 3.

Sent from my SCH-i515, in between data drops.

androiduser2459

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I agree. I had a droid x, and I absolutely loved it. I ended up dropping my x, then stepping on it. It still works, but it's got a big cracks from top to bottom. My friends mom had this d3 for 2 months, and couldn't afford it anymore, so I grabbed it for $150. I really wanted to love it too, and I tried, but I just can't. I don't like the physical keyboard, the thickness, or the screen size, but that isn't the phones fault. I live in an extended network, and whenever the phone turns on, the phone turns the roaming to home, which kills my data. The camera is horrible compared with my x. The only silver lining is that I'm eligible for an upgrade in September, and I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna get the SIII (unless I get lucky and Verizon gets the note2).

ARZ

Reaction score
^^^ I am in the sam boat as you^^^ I came from a Droid X2, and I wanted to love the D3...BUT from day 1 it sucked. I owned it for almost a year. The camera would take photos I could see the Icon generate for the photo I just (wasted 40+ seconds of my life while clients watched in disbelief, while I waited for it to become a camera) took, only to get back to the office and try to view the photo and solve the problem and have NO photo saved.

40% of the time I tried to answer the phone it locked up and I would have to hit power 2-6 times to dark the screen and then make it active, then MAYBE I would get to it in time to answer the phone 50% of those times. I activated the Pocket detection so the screen would not become hot while it was in my pocket and it NEVER worked. Every time I pulled it out of my pocket the screen was live, (return to the start of this paragraph).

Many times I would pull it out of my locked, unlock it to make a call and it would take more than a minute to start to dial (yes, I was close to a cell tower), and when it did you would have almost forgot you even dialed the person, cause the screen wouldn't change at all, until a quarter second after the call started to dial.

There were countless other things that didn't work or worked incorrectly. All of my friends and co-workers would always ask me "You still have that phone?" Even now that I have the warranty phone and its all set up, I probably wasted over 30 hours of my life trying to get it even remotely set up like the old phone was, and now this Play list thing has pi$$ed me off too.

ARGGG.

I feel your pains...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know whats up with your phones, but my d3 is a reliable beast. It's quick and snappy, and does pretty much everything i want it to do. The keyboard kicks ass too, but i suppose thats opinion. I prefer my 'outdated' gb running d3 to my friends fancy ics running d4's anyday.

androiduser2459

Reaction score
Just got my computer going after a year, so I'm gonna try some different rooms out. Maybe I'll like my D3 a little better. I'm using a damn iphone 4 right now. I never thought I'd be using an Iphone instead of an android (it was only $100). I'm eager to get back to an android phone I like.