CDMA Roaming Messages

dolph27

Reaction score
I know that the BUG I want to talk about is limited to only people who roams on CDMA networks (to Canada, Mexico or Caribbeans), so most people inside US are not affected.
It's about stupid popup message that will hunt you (e.g. in Canada) "Allow Data Access?" . Even if you uncheck Data Roaming option (and even Data Enabled) it is still poping up every few minutes. You have no option to say don't ask me again (ever!!!). It will popup and interrupt your browsing, typing, etc. But the worst about this F#$%ing popoup is it somehow prevent your screen from switching off draining you battery quickly. This bug exists on DROID 2, X, 3, Bionic. Is there any custom ROM that fix this stupidity? I rooted my DROID 3 phone and installed Steel Droid3, but the problem stil persists.

OP
D

dolph27

Reaction score
I wonder why Moto doesn't give a fu#k about this issue. This bug is more than one year old. How Droid 3 could be called a Global Phone if it's unusable in Canada? (I could admit that on GSM networks it works fine). The only purpose I rooted my phone is to find some custom ROM that will get rid of this stupid message. But most of custom ROMs are based on stock Moto ROM and they inherit this stupidity. I guess we need to wait for the ROM that not based on MOTO stock (Blur)