1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Jelly Bean - Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by jason1175, Jul 10, 2012.

1. jason1175

jason1175 New Member

I realize that the official ICS has yet to hit but I've been reading a bit about Jelly Bean and was wondering, is there any reason why the Bionic can't run Jelly Bean? I, personally, see no reason why it couldn't but my knowledge of Android is admittedly low. Can anyone with some knowledge add some input?
  2. bbucks36

bbucks36 New Member

pretty sure it can run it .. but why would moto put effort into putting jelly bean on the bionic? google does not make money on android OS and look how long its taking them to get ICS.. smartphones are still new in they still have alot to be done to them.. plus everyone wants the next greatest thing..new android OS = no money....new phone with new android OS = mo money from a sucka
  3. jason1175

jason1175 New Member

I guess i'm being optimistic since i'm sure they already have a build that they could use. They would just have to move their focus to it instead of ICS. I'd wait one more month if it meant we'd get JB.
  4. justin82

justin82 Super Moderator Premium Member

we will get ICS first. then the maxx might get JB then we MIGHT see it
  5. grgguy

grgguy Member

Actually I've heard you can get a alpha build of keylime pie at www.fantasyland.com.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
  6. bbucks36

bbucks36 New Member

ill be happey with a good working ICS.. as of right now the leaks are making me feel confidant of that ... no data drops
  7. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  8. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

The source code came out yesterday. There is no way they already have a working build. We'd likely be waiting a FEW more months if they were to abandon ICS and try to move directly to JB, minimum.
  9. jason1175

jason1175 New Member

Seriously?

I didn't see that post, thanks for the link!

I'm also grateful to be getting ICS...been running .232 for a few days now and it's great. What I probably should've posted was, since JB is more of an incremental update is it more likely that we'll see it?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
  10. grgguy

grgguy Member

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. To be honest, I highly doubt we will get jellybean. It took them almost 9 months to get us ICS and as someone already stated there no money in it for them ( moto) to do so.
  11. fralogan

fralogan New Member

Jelly Bean is not a new inneration of the os, it just an upgrade to ics. I think it would be up to verizon.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  12. quadtronix

quadtronix New Member

Jelly Bean on the Bionic would make my year! :) DancingNexus
  13. jwilly216

jwilly216 New Member

What I want to knew is if we will get JB ROMS. I don't expect an ota from The Man. But a fully working ROM would be awesome.
  14. jason1175

jason1175 New Member

I'm sure with all the talented ppl around that we'll get a JB ROM, especially if it uses the same kernel. Which leads to my point...it wouldn't be as great a jump as GB>ICS so why not?
  15. Bigv5150

Bigv5150 New Member

I really can't see the bionic not getting JB its just an extension of ICS and since the razr and d4 are so close to the bionic I bet we all get it in a few months ok maybe 6 months to a year. IHey I'm an optomist.
  16. wseyller

wseyller New Member

Only way to get fully functional JB is if Motorola gives us a JB rom (doubtful) or they unlock our bootloader. Beside that we might get some hybrid of it using an ICS kernel. That JB kernel is more important than people give credit. Without it I don't think we will ever get a fully functional and stable Google Now. I am sure the JB kernel also has a hand in how Project Butter work. The only use over ICS I see is having better widget handling while have other important things broken.
  17. jason1175

jason1175 New Member

Now this is informative. Certainly not what we might want to hear but makes sense. Thanks!
  18. wseyller

wseyller New Member

Well i am hoping i am dead wrong. I have seen some pretty good trickery to workaround some things i thought would not happen. I really want a fully functional Google Now and I almost purchased a galaxy nexus because of it . I believe the only way we will get that is if we have jelly bean. I have to hope that either we get jelly bean. But I would also happily take 1 that is ported to I c s but that looks impossible right now but I am hoping.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  19. sk102704

sk102704 New Member

I agree. ICS is a far more drastic change from GB. JB builds off of ICS so it shouldn't take as long to update. Plus last year Google announced that the major OEM's (including Motorola) agreed to provide OS updates for 18 months from a phone's release and now that Google owns Motorola, I think they'll make sure they live up to that agreement.
  20. jason1175

jason1175 New Member

I wanna say that I appreciate all the feedback. I see no reason why the bionic shouldn't get the update except, as some have said, the politics. If that is the case then I think it says a lot about the industry as a whole. I mean seriously, this phone isn't even a year old yet!
Search tags for this page
bionic jb timers
bionic jelly bean wiimote
can i fxz from jellybean to ics bionic
can i put jelly bean 3 on a droid bionic
can't unroot bionic with jelly bean
did bionic jelly bean failed

droid bionic jelly bean

droid bionic jellybean
droid bionic liberty rom jelly bean
droid pro jelly bean
droid razar jelly bean kernel