Motorola Promises Jelly Bean to 'most' phones

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
No! Don't say that! Now I will probably get a new phone and then the big god of all phones will be revealed

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Don't feel bad. I'm in the same boat. Get the last of the "moto" phones in November? Or wait for next year and see what Google has up its sleeve? Quad core unlockable barely skinned super phone with awesome radios and insane battery life has a nice sound to it. But we don't really know...

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Looks like a yes but we need to wait and see.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
Don't feel bad. I'm in the same boat. Get the last of the "moto" phones in November? Or wait for next year and see what Google has up its sleeve? Quad core unlockable barely skinned super phone with awesome radios and insane battery life has a nice sound to it. But we don't really know...

This makes me so glad I'm not up for upgrade until halfway through next year. Also glad that ICS 242 for my Bionic gives it that new-phone feel all over again; it's enough to keep me going for another year!

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
I was just reading that the latest theory is that these are the LAST of the "old moto" phones. Meaning this is what Moto had in the pipeline before Google took over. And that next year, watch out cause the designs on the new phones will have Google written all over them. VERY exciting times. I'm LIKELY to pick up a RAZR MAXX HD Dev phone if they release one. Unlockable moto hardware with google backing it? YES PLEASE!

I just realized something.. Since Google is going to be working closer with Motorola, we might get more flagship phones with the newest softwares already on them.

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
I just realized something.. Since Google is going to be working closer with Motorola, we might get more flagship phones with the newest softwares already on them.

That would be nice. I'm looking forward to what they come up with.

Sent from my Nexus 7

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

That's kinda the point, yes. Google is apparently very displeased with moto's lack of progress on rolling out ics. However, something that's not we'll known is that Google shares part of the blame. Back before they completed the acquisition, Google didn't want to be seen as favoring moto so they made it very difficult for moto to work with them. It's hard to build a new OS for a set of phones when the company that designed it won't return your calls. Now that the acquisition is complete, Google has signaled a changing of the guard and moto has promised jb on the new razr m and hd phones by end of 2012. Let's see if that happens. If so, Google influence will be paying off.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Bionic_Racer said:
Is the new razr 99 at vzw now? And what is the big deal about it.... just a hd display?

The RAZR m is going to be $99. I would guess "M" us for mini? Its the low end of the new RAZRs. The "HD" (and HD Maxx) is bigger and seems to be the next flagship type phone for moto

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What's funny is that though the razr m is low end... its still a slight upgrade over the razr.. and it rivals the maxx in some arras according to specs... we'll see though... real world testing will tell. :)

Caesars

Reaction score
Personally i don't consider the M low spec, doesn't it just have a smaller screen? I haven't really looked too in depth at the specs.

Return of the Android

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I don't either, but it's low end at $99

I don't get the idea behind having the razr hd and the maxx hd. Why not put the real battery in one device and call it the razr hd?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Razr m has 1.5 dual core just like the hd. Just a smaller form factor with a different screen.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bhp117

Reaction score
The razr m is heck a nice even though it dont have a hd display
I really like how they push the screen as far as they can to minimize the bezel so it as close to a edge to edge device for now
To me the main upgrade is the dual core s4 that's in htc one x , samsung s3 basicly most the new phone in the us market that support lte
It's a really well built phone , i almost bought 1 but they don't have the dev edition yet
And it looks very simliar to the bionic just smaller and dont have a removable battery
I'll try to wait alittle more to see how the razr maxx hd feels and see if the lg optimus g coming soon to u.s.