Motorola Promises Jelly Bean to 'most' phones

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
That $100 credit would make the Droid RAZR M free after the $50 mail in rebate. That might be the way to go. I love my Bionic, but a faster CPU would be divine for post emulation, the NFC/Android Beam technology seems like it will have some awesome uses too.

Then again, I already have the lapdock for my Bionic and I've been very much enjoying it with the ICS leaks. Maybe I could try to make a corded USB/HDMI cradle for the new phone to use the lapdock with it, but that doesn't mean there'd be Webtop for it though. :/

Decisions, decisions.

Reaction score
Unless you have unlimited data like me then the $100 is a joke having to pay full price for a new phone to keep unlimited data
Most if the year i use around 4gig of data a month however during FOOTBALL season i use over 10gig so thats no dice for me

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
From what I've heard from members of this Forum with more knowledge then me...jelly bean is not a huge leap from ics. It would be much less work then gb to ics.

gobi42

Reaction score
Yeah but I think we need to take into consideration that the bionic was discontinued months ago so we will probably get ics and then get left behind cause if I remember right ics promised to us and it's been almost a year since the bionic was released and still no ics. So even if they do update to jb by the time we get it u will always be 6 months to a year behind on os releases and still have to deal with a locked boot loader and u only get the 100 bucks if u upgrade to another locked down moto phone. I buy android to customize it to my hearts content but have been stuck with stock moto bs for too long and get worse signal than a Samsung so what is the point of owning a moto when their claim to fame is great signal on their phones when the bionic and razr both sux for reception? And ur stuck with their bloat wear and crappy os?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
From what I've heard from members of this Forum with more knowledge then me...jelly bean is not a huge leap from ics. It would be much less work then gb to ics.

It is faster and smoother than ICS for sure. Feature-wise it isn't that much of an update.

Bigv5150

Reaction score
I have jelly bean on my Xoom and I'm not impressed so really don't care if I get it I have Google Now running great on my phone.

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
I'm pretty much counting on the Bionic being excluded from the "most" phones category. It only makes sense.

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
It will be a more difficult decision for me after seeing that maxx HD, pretty sweet looking phone

nateohio

Reaction score
Why all the negativity? Has anyone else noticed all the effort that has gone into unifying the builds across the bionic/RAZR/MAXX/and D4?

Do you really think they are putting in all that effort for no reason?

IMHO saying the bionic won't get JB I'd like saying the RAZR MAXX won't get it. its just ridiculous

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
No way to tell yet. Based off of ics ota, its easy to assume we will get shafted

nateohio

Reaction score
rocketsaucev2 said:
No way to tell yet. Based off of ics ota, its easy to assume we will get shafted

I also don't understand the negativity surrounding the ICS update...there have been numerous leaks available for months now. Any of them are light years ahead of gingerbread.

Personally, the fact that moto and vzw are taking the time to get right before release instead of botching it like they did with the RAZR really pleases me.

If you want ICS now, its out there for you to grab and if you'd rather wait for OTA..you're going to end up with a highly polished build. I don't see where there is any room for being negative

nateohio

Reaction score
The initial ICS update for the RAZR and RAZR MAXX is a perfect example of what happens when manufacturers rush updates to meet timetables...

Its an absolute no win situation for them.

DetCochran

Reaction score
I dont know much about the different upgrades, but when I got my last upgrade about a month.. or two... ago on my Razr Maxx, the batter life has been half of what it used to be. My husband has the same problem. My phone shows its runningAndroid 4.0.4, but dont know if that is how you tell what you are running on it or not. A co-worker with the same phone is having the same probem and it started with our last update. How can I tell what system I am running and is there an update soon to hopefully correct the problem?

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I also don't understand the negativity surrounding the ICS update...there have been numerous leaks available for months now. Any of them are light years ahead of gingerbread.

Personally, the fact that moto and vzw are taking the time to get right before release instead of botching it like they did with the RAZR really pleases me.

If you want ICS now, its out there for you to grab and if you'd rather wait for OTA..you're going to end up with a highly polished build. I don't see where there is any room for being negative

First phone out, last to get the update. I think that's where a lot of people find issue, myself included. Most people know about the leaks, so that is good for the bionic. I've been running one for a few weeks, and it is lots of fun!