Motorola Promises Jelly Bean to 'most' phones

Caesars

Reaction score
Is it a lower quality screen (not just smaller)?

Return of the Android

bhp117

Reaction score
I don't either, but it's low end at $99

I don't get the idea behind having the razr hd and the maxx hd. Why not put the real battery in one device and call it the razr hd?

Dude razr m isnt a low end at all i would say it mid end at least , it'll crush any low end phone you throw at it and reason for the $99 is they have a $50 rebate as introductory promotion

Its more like to compete with htc incredible 4g lte and that's $99

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think the RAZR M along side the Razr will be tough to see which comes out on top. Side by side there will be advantages the M will have and some advantages the Razr will have. Screen is the same, M will be faster, maybe better UI, and more compact. Razr has HDMI, M does not. Razr has more internal memory. Those are the only advantages of the Razr that I can see by looking at the specs. Real life use will tell more.

The RAZR HD's compared to the RAZR M will have a huge difference. Much bigger and better display for the HD would be the hardest to walk away from.

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
I don't either, but it's low end at $99

I don't get the idea behind having the razr hd and the maxx hd. Why not put the real battery in one device and call it the razr hd?

Based on the ratings, it sounds like even the RAZR HD has a good battery this time, close to the extended for the bionic.

Sent from my Nexus 7

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
bhp117 said:
Dude razr m isnt a low end at all i would say it mid end at least , it'll crush any low end phone you throw at it and reason for the $99 is they have a $50 rebate as introductory promotion

Its more like to compete with htc incredible 4g lte and that's $99

I meant in comparison with the HD and maxx

bhp117

Reaction score
I meant in comparison with the HD and maxx

Still if compare to HD i wouldn't say the M is a low end device since they share most of the same internals main difference is the hd screen/size , 1 have more memory , battery , phone size

If compare to the maxx i would say the M is a better device with updated cpu

dfxmadness

Reaction score
And when will Motorola phones have quad core and 2 gigs of ram and 64GB of internal storage with an option to install a 64GB SD CARD.
What gets me is most Android phones have only 16GB of internal storage and are 1-1.5ghz, with 1gb of ram

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
And when will Motorola phones have quad core and 2 gigs of ram and 64GB of internal storage with an option to install a 64GB SD CARD.
What gets me is most Android phones have only 16GB of internal storage and are 1-1.5ghz, with 1gb of ram

2 GB RAM isn't necessary at this point anyway...its just a new spec for manufacturers to sell you on a new phone. Also you would notice very little difference between 1.5 and 2 GHz processor. The hardware upgrades are plateuing because we haven't even made full use of the software available to us. Hell, ICS just made use of dual core processors. The quad core processors you're asking for wouldn't even be able to be utilized in the latest OS (JB).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
2 GB RAM isn't necessary at this point anyway...its just a new spec for manufacturers to sell you on a new phone. Also you would notice very little difference between 1.5 and 2 GHz processor. The hardware upgrades are plateuing because we haven't even made full use of the software available to us. Hell, ICS just made use of dual core processors. The quad core processors you're asking for wouldn't even be able to be utilized in the latest OS (JB).

Are you sure about that? My understanding is the capability of using multiple cores more effectively isn't limited to two.

Also, the nexus 7 with jelly bean has a quad core processor.

You say why have it, i say why upgrade without it. Nothing out there really wows me enough to want to upgrade early, and frankly, until they get phones like this, i see no real reason to upgrade when it becomes available either.

Sent from my ICS Bionic

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you sure about that? My understanding is the capability of using multiple cores more effectively isn't limited to two.

Also, the nexus 7 with jelly bean has a quad core processor.

You say why have it, i say why upgrade without it. Nothing out there really wows me enough to want to upgrade early, and frankly, until they get phones like this, i see no real reason to upgrade when it becomes available either.

Sent from my ICS Bionic

ICS just made use of dual cores. As far as I understand JB doesn't even utilize the 3rd or 4th core yet. And that's exactly my point. Why upgrade without it? Its simply specs the manufacturer is throwing out to get you to upgrade.

**I'll admit when I'm wrong. JB does utilize quad cores. The rest of my argument stands. ;)

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force

Yes and no. Speaking from experience, 2gb RAM is great. Sure, immediate-performance wise, there is minimal differences. But long term, you do notice a difference in the little things. It will also be a big part of future proofing the phone. The 512mb on my Eris was once considered a lot. Within a few months and a few updates I was already lagging and running low on memory...

And hell, even that peace of mind seeing 1.3/2 gb available instead of 150/925 is just nice. Also Gingerbread was technically the first to utilize dual cores. I remember the day my X2 got it so clearly. Wow. ICS optimized it more, but it was still a big feature of GB. I do agree with the processor speed though, the RAM is going to make a bigger difference than that. Should be interesting to see what optimized quad core really promises though...