Jelly bean finally announced!......Sort of...

mykl376

Reaction score
When I'm at home, I use wi-fi, which isn't actually unlimited itself, Cox Cable just has a much larger limit, I believe 250 gigs or so? So, no thanks "coffee shop" unsecured wi-fi, shared by 30 other people, with speeds slower than Verizon's 3g service. If I'm out and about, I'm going to stream my music and video via 4g, just like all the commercials say to do, right?

The point I'm not making is that since I still have unlimited data for now, I shall use it as I wish. No single plan is right for everyone, so if you only use a paltry 1-2 gigs a month, then a low cap tiered plan is good for you. I would constantly be checking my usage, and worried about going over. I never worry about my non-unlimited home internet usage, because I've never gone over the limit. if my phone's data limit was, say, 15-20 gigs a month, I wouldn't worry either, because I've never gone over that amount!

OP
resident psycho
Reaction score
Here's my question....why force people out of unlimited then talk about going VoLTE...how much data is it going to use talking using data? I guess we will see their plan....

tyseft163

Reaction score
I just upgraded my wife's voice only line to LTE 2GB/month plan. The online operator actually suggested I could keep my unlimited data plan. I was surprised. I was expecting to be influenced to move to shared data plan. I guess they're not in a big hurry to force customers to tiered shared plans.

Zregnier

Reaction score
Soak test invites have been sent out. Shouldn't be long until the OTA is pushed!

804hokie

Reaction score
I just upgraded my wife's voice only line to LTE 2GB/month plan. The online operator actually suggested I could keep my unlimited data plan. I was surprised. I was expecting to be influenced to move to shared data plan. I guess they're not in a big hurry to force customers to tiered shared plans.

I wonder if anyone has convinced VzW to put them on the unlimited data plan since it has been swapped for tiered data plans? I've heard stories of people getting early phone upgrades all the time. If VzW had the iPhone 3G (my first smartphone) back in 2008, I would've signed up with them instead of AT&T back in the day. I would love to have unlimited LTE data, since it is often faster than wifi on my Bionic. I did, however, take that double data plan incentive when it was offered in late 2011 (jumped me from 5GB to 10 GB for the same monthly bill).

OP
resident psycho
Reaction score
Hopefully it breathes some life back into the phone. I have an upgrade next month (May) but I want to hold out and wait too see what is coming out. The wife wants the S4...so I'll upgrade her but I'm holding out for a while. If Jelly Bean is good I want to wait until the end of the year..... fingers crossed!

swaggalicious_t

Reaction score
My upgrade is in June of this year, but will be holding out til the end of the year 2 see what 4th quarter has in store 4 new devices...plus the upgrade of JB will add a new look & feel 2 our bionic...honestly I would love a larger screen like the Note3 maybe...who knows will see, but remaining a loyal bionic fan