Motorola Confirms Q1 for Razr/Razr Maxx

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I sent them an email last week asking if foxfi supported jelly bean. They responded that foxfi supports only up to ics 4.0 and not past that. They're working on updates. I have ics 4.0 on my phone and won't upgrade/update until I know otherwise. Don't want to lose my precious foxfi.

I was told by someone in another forum that you can only refuse the update 3-4 times then it will auto update. Is this true?

I would also like to know will PDAnet usb tether still work with Jelly Bean? And what about bluetooth tether?

bullswife98

Reaction score
I was told by someone in another forum that you can only refuse the update 3-4 times then it will auto update. Is this true?

I would also like to know will PDAnet usb tether still work with Jelly Bean? And what about bluetooth tether?

It will auto update, I know this to be true cause I'm now on my second Razr due to the fact that prior to ics I was rooted and refused the update 3-4 times cuz I didn't want to loose root. I had not installed the rootkeeper yet and feared it was gonna mess up my Razr. It did update before I had it installed. It had bootloop and no hope of turning back. Had to have it replaced. Was stuck on the Droid logo repeatedly,wouldn't even boot to recovery. My heart sank. That's how I know it will auto update. As for pdanet or tethering I'm not sure never needed it so I can't answer that.

Original Droid Razr using Droid Forums. :)

furbymac

Reaction score
You can usb tether and bluetooth tether for free with the stock settings that come on the phone i do it all the time

wvdroidman

Reaction score
so If I update it will brick the phone and there is no way to unroot on jelly bean, right?

rastaman_

Reaction score
So is Verizon and/or Motorola behind this whole FoxFi not working on Jellybean deal? Or is FoxFi behind in updating their own?

xtor

Reaction score
Here's what i found, Compatibility Check

*New! FoxFi is now part of PdaNet+. PdaNet+ contains everything in FoxFi plus the capability to connect in USB mode. Use the following table to verify if your phone's Android version is supported in WiFi mode. If your phone is not supported please use Bluetooth mode or USB mode instead in PdaNet+.

*If you have one of the following models, the latest Android update has broken WiFi mode but it may still be possible to support it in future FoxFi updates: Samsung Epic Touch (Sprint), HTC Rezound (Verizon), LG Lucid (Verizon), T-mobile Galaxy SII and Samsung Proclaim.

The list below may not be complete or accurate.

Verizon

Model Supported Not-Supported Note

Motorola Razr 4.0 4.1 or later Do not update to Jelly Bean

Motorola Razr Maxx 4.0 4.1 or later Do not update to Jelly Bean

Motorola Bionic 4.0 4.1 or later Do not update to Jelly Bean Motorola Droid X 2.3 Motorola Droid X2 2.3 Motorola Droid 2 Global 2.3

Motorola Droid 4 4.0 4.1 or above Do not update to Jelly Bean Motorola Droid 3 2.3 Motorola Droid 2 2.3 Motorola Droid Pro 2.3

Motorola Droid 1 not supported

Motorola Razr M 4.0 4.1 or above Do not update to Jelly Bean

Motorola Razr Maxx HD 4.0 4.1 or above Do not update to Jelly Bean Samsung Charge 2.3

Samsung Galaxy S III 4.0 4.1 or later Do not update to Jelly Bean

Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4.1 4.2 Do not update to Jelly Bean Samsung Fascinate 2.3 Samsung Stratosphere 2.3 Samsung Continuum 2.2 Samsung Illusion 2.3

HTC ThunderBolt not supported

HTC Incredible 2 not supported

HTC Rezound not supported

HTC Incredible not supported HTC Incredible 4G LTE 4.0 LG Vortex 2.2 LG Ally 2.2 LG Spectrum 2.3 4.0 (?) LG Lucid 2.3 4.0 (?)

LG Revolution not supported

LG Enlighten not su

yaterml

Reaction score
Improper Wifi tethering is costing Verizon about 2 Billion in lost profit a year. By that they mean that you are not paying the correct fees associated with tethering. So they as most companies forced Google to do a redesign of Wifi permissions resulting in Foxfi no longer working. As where Sprint block customer access to the app. They try to blame your slow speeds on your tethering and unlicensed tethering of other people on your tower. It's funny

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Improper Wifi tethering is costing Verizon about 2 Billion in lost profit a year. By that they mean that you are not paying the correct fees associated with tethering. So they as most companies forced Google to do a redesign of Wifi permissions resulting in Foxfi no longer working. As where Sprint block customer access to the app. They try to blame your slow speeds on your tethering and unlicensed tethering of other people on your tower. It's funny

Ya know, if they'd charge a reasonable amount for wifi tether people would just pay for it, and now with their new data plans, why the heck do they care how you use that data that you are already paying through the nose for?