Is Jelly Bean Coming to Bionic and RAZR ?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Bigv5150 said:
I agree with you I over simplified it what I meant was ICS was a huge update 330 MB compared to the others. I dont know what the size of JB is but I bet its not very significant. My point was your last sentence It seems JB is ICS completed. I will be very disappointed if we don't get JB. I would imagine if it was a totally ground up new build it would have been 5.0 not 4.1

JB is a bigger upgrade than you think. For most consumers it's a minor upgrade because there is very little functionality/cosmetic changes.

But the biggest changes are under the hood. Meaning completely different drivers and kernel. Performance modifications are more intense than cosmetic because you're changing the underlying structure of the OS.

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Motorola committed to keeping all their Android devices up to date for 18 months after their release. Based on this, the bionic will get 4.1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

wseyller

Reaction score
Motorola committed to keeping all their Android devices up to date for 18 months after their release. Based on this, the bionic will get 4.1

Motorola doesn't always stay true to their committments. After almost a year and a half with some kind of bootloader unlock promise to their devices they have not come through.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Motorola doesn't always stay true to their committments. After almost a year and a half with some kind of bootloader unlock promise to their devices they have not come through.

Yes, but hopefully their new Google overlords will keep them true to their promise.

brianjr1

Reaction score

A lot of that may be Verizon's doing. Similar to the issues with the S3 how Verizon was the only carrier to have a locked phone. Now I'm not saying that Motorola couldn't push the issue, but they're certainly not the only ones to blame!

I do have to say though, Jelly Bean would be AWESOME :biggrin:

wseyller

Reaction score
I realize the blame towards Verizon has merit. But what has me puzzled is then why is there plenty of other devices without bootloader restrictions.

les017

Reaction score
I won't hold my breath, but it would seem to be in google's best interest to push the issue for JB on the Bionic, especially since it is such a capable device. Seems it would be a fairly easy way to add to the percentage that are running the latest android version.

And for both Verizon and Motorola, I know that if I got JB I would be much more likely to still be satisfied at the end of my contract, and much more likely to stick with them for the re-up

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I won't hold my breath, but it would seem to be in google's best interest to push the issue for JB on the Bionic, especially since it is such a capable device. Seems it would be a fairly easy way to add to the percentage that are running the latest android version.

And for both Verizon and Motorola, I know that if I got JB I would be much more likely to still be satisfied at the end of my contract, and much more likely to stick with them for the re-up

And also help their self-image...

eazyigz

Reaction score
motorola droids are more reliable

I for one, will NOT be purchasing a nexus device until Google decides to use a quality manufacturer for it. I've never been big fan of Samsungs build quality.

Say what you will about moto, but their build quality/radios can't be beat!

Yes i agree, i love every moto droid i've owned. They are battle-tested and rugged. And the sound quality coming out of their speakers is unbeatable.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com

Droid 3 waves "hi" from it's "will remain on Gingerbread" OS.....released July, 2011.

Caesars

Reaction score
Jb will be on these phones when...nvm, they'll never be on these two :(

Googorola MAXX