Jelly Bean rom starting to roll out

wseyller

Reaction score
I tried it. I tried toggling ever thing in the system menu and even in the menu using the hidden debug menu. Cannot get any data no matter what i try. I spent literally an hour trying every combination i could think of. I have no wifi/internet at home so i didn't mess with it very long.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

deduct

Reaction score
I rebooted phone and had to get data back just now. I downloaded phone info app from play store and opened it up and clicked on phone info. Then, under preferred network type, select lte/CDMA auto (prl). Then press menu key( bottom left side of phone) and press select radio band. Then select automatic. Then press the turn off radio button and then press it again to turn on radio. My data returned when I followed these steps. Thanks marleyinoc.

Last edited:

ripdoozer

Reaction score
I rebooted phone and had to get data back just now. I downloaded phone info app from play store and opened it up and clicked on phone info. Then, under preferred network type, select lte/CDMA auto (prl). Then press menu key( bottom left side of phone) and press select radio band. Then select automatic. Then press the turn off radio button and then press it again to turn on radio. My data returned when I followed these steps. Thanks marleyinoc.

Man, I really want this to work, but when I press menu and select "Select Radio Band", I get a FC. "Com.android.phone has stopped". I have rebooted multiple times and reflashed the rom (with all wipes) and it still FC's....
Any thoughts?

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
ripdoozer said:
Man, I really want this to work, but when I press menu and select "Select Radio Band", I get a FC. "Com.android.phone has stopped". I have rebooted multiple times and reflashed the rom (with all wipes) and it still FC's....
Any thoughts?

Try *#*#4636#*#* then phone information and scroll to select network type tap on it and change to Lte/cdma/auto (prl) thats how I got data

Sent from my DROID BIONIC ( ICS 232) using Droid Forums

ripdoozer

Reaction score
Try *#*#4636#*#* then phone information and scroll to select network type tap on it and change to Lte/cdma/auto (prl) thats how I got data

Tried this....no dice. There must be a fail safe way to get data up, or can it really vary so much from device to device?
I will keep trying, but does anyone else have suggestions for me?

shenanigans9001

Reaction score
I managed to get 4g data from just toggling from the settings menu and rebooting numerous times. Google Now and all the JB features were working just as well as they do on my N7 and I used it as my main for awhile. The only thing that didn't work for me was camera and bluetooth. I only stopped using it as my main because i rebooted one time and I couldn't get data back up for my life so i gave up. I'm on .232 and i used safestrap.

Hollywood67

Reaction score
Still trying to get the radio to work. I tried everything in this thread several times.Nothing yet will report back if I have success.

mstrbright

Reaction score
just an idea

If anyone has the time a video about how it is running would help everyone

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I have been trying for 3 days to get data working on this ROM and finally I have a strong 4g signal. I couldn't for the life of me get data so I decided to wipe everything and reflash. I then used *#*#4636#*#* changed to lte/gsm/cdmA auto then changed radio band to automatic. Turned radio off then back on. Then went into settings and changed from gsm to late/CDMA and toggled mobile data twice and 4g popped up been going strong ever since. I'm so excited I finally got data up!!!!!

deduct

Reaction score
JayBusa102709 said:
I have been trying for 3 days to get data working on this ROM and finally I have a strong 4g signal. I couldn't for the life of me get data so I decided to wipe everything and reflash. I then used *#*#4636#*#* changed to lte/gsm/cdmA auto then changed radio band to automatic. Turned radio off then back on. Then went into settings and changed from gsm to late/CDMA and toggled mobile data twice and 4g popped up been going strong ever since. I'm so excited I finally got data up!!!!!

Cool. It is a great rom to run for awhile. I need my camera though so had to go back to stock. Which is just as good imo. Cant wait for the jb rom to be fully functional. It is really cool.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Yeah I really need camera also. I have a 2 year old and of it doesn't get fixed soon I'll have to stop using this rom. He's growing up really quickly don't want to miss those special moments. But you are right everything seems really cool so far. So happy I finally have data I was going crazy for a couple days there when I couldn't get it up.

deduct

Reaction score
JayBusa102709 said:
Yeah I really need camera also. I have a 2 year old and of it doesn't get fixed soon I'll have to stop using this rom. He's growing up really quickly don't want to miss those special moments. But you are right everything seems really cool so far. So happy I finally have data I was going crazy for a couple days there when I couldn't get it up.

I hear ya. It is annoying when you are that close to having data working on a new rom and it just won't connect.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I was on axiobeam talking with you about quadrant scores which incidentally were much higher then this ROM. I had it all set up as my daily and then it comes out that its a dead ROM lol. I'm glad this came out so soon after.