justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
interesting to say the least .. may have to install it just to play with it

cmoney12051

Reaction score
What is the installation procedure for this rom? i am very excited to check it out. do i need bootstrap or safestrap? im currently on the ics leak .232

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
Same as any other rom using safestrap 2.0 make a backup and full wipe I've also read that some ppl got data by toggling data from gsm to lte/cdma

Sent from my DROID BIONIC ( ICS 232) using Droid Forums

marcw

Reaction score
does anyone have a complete install instruction list? I search all around and i do not see a compete steps to root/bootstrap(safestrap) and then install rom instructions. All I see is "just like the other safestraps". I know i can play around, but I played around with my droid 2 which I bricked for a month until a patch came out.

Last edited:
OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
marcw said:
does anyone have a complete install instruction list? I search all around and i do not see a compete steps to root/bootstrap(safestrap) and then install rom instructions. All I see is "just like the other safestraps". I know i can play around, but I played around with my droid 2 which I bricked for a month until a patch came out.

You have to be in an ICS leak use this to root http://db.tt/1oYf2ZYt
Just unzip to a folder on desktop then open the folder and click on run.batch after that follow this
If you want to back up contacts and sms, use an app like Mobile Backup II and if you want to back up apps, use an app like App backup & Restore. Download and install Hashcodes safestrap v2.0 open safestrap and install recovery it should say installed and safe system not active. Reboot phone and at the safestrap splash screen tap the menu button; this will take to CWM recovery and then follow steps below.
Safestrap instructions and flashing a zip file:

1. In main menu select backup and restore, select backup, select internal sd or external sd ( I recomend external just in case something happens and you loose everything on internal sd) and it will create a back up. Go back to main menu.
2. In main menu select Wipe data/factory reset and select yes.
3. In main menu select Wipe cache and select yes.
4. In main menu select advanced and select Wipe delvik cache and yes. Go back to main menu.
5. In main select safe system and toggle safe system and yes. This will turn safe system on and create a backup. Go back to main menu.
6. Select install zip from sdcard and select choose install zip, scroll to where your zip is (rom if your installing a rom) and select it then select yes. This will flash the zip.
7. Select go back to go back to main menu and select reboot phone.
8. Sit back and relax till system is fully loaded and give it about 5 to 10 minutes to settle.
Congratulations you have just installed safestrap, activated safe system and flashed a zip or rom and good to go. Enjoy :)

marcw

Reaction score
Thanks!!
Does the safestrap also root?
Is there any Bionic Rom Versions that will not work(this is how i bricked my droid 2)

I am not a noob, just want to be cautious on my buddies bionic because Motorola phones have so many peculiarities. There is so little info about the bionic :-(

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
Safestrap doesn't root the phone it only gives u a safe way to flash roms that way if it bootloops then u can always recover from a bckup. Use the link in the post above that is razrs edge that will root the phone make sure ur phone is pluged into pc with the latest moto drivers installed run the razrs edge the way I explained and then install all safestrap 2.0 open safestrap and choose install recovery make surebu have a bionic rom downloaded and then turn off the phone and then back on when the safestrap boot logo comes up tap the menu key on the front of phone the one that looks like 4 squares that will take u to the safestrap menu then follow the instructions in the post above

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
Only gingerbread roms won't work on ics

landon418

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Be warned Google now doesn't work =(

deduct

Reaction score
landon418 said:
Be warned Google now doesn't work =(

So no google apps or access to google backups then? But data and hardware acceleration good eh? May have to flash it later just to get a feel for jellybean then.

deduct

Reaction score
Awesome. Rom and gapps on ext sd and ready to flash. That is as soon as battery has enough juice on it. Thanks guys.

OP
krazyace38

krazyace38

Reaction score
deduct said:
Awesome. Rom and gapps on ext sd and ready to flash. That is as soon as battery has enough juice on it. Thanks guys.

Your welcome dude