Jelly Bean rom starting to roll out

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by krazyace38, Jul 30, 2012.

1. krazyace38

krazyace38 Member

Thanks to dhacker29 and hashcode Jelly bean CM10 no camera or data yet get it here http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/targa/
    I haven't had time to try it yet but from what i have read about it its unofficial and has bugs but that comes with the territory when u have a locked bootloader

Download JB GAPPS here http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

Sent from my DROID BIONIC ( ICS 232) using Droid Forums
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  2. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

interesting to say the least .. may have to install it just to play with it
  3. cmoney12051

cmoney12051 New Member

What is the installation procedure for this rom? i am very excited to check it out. do i need bootstrap or safestrap? im currently on the ics leak .232
  4. krazyace38

krazyace38 Member

Same as any other rom using safestrap 2.0 make a backup and full wipe I've also read that some ppl got data by toggling data from gsm to lte/cdma

5. marcw

marcw New Member

does anyone have a complete install instruction list? I search all around and i do not see a compete steps to root/bootstrap(safestrap) and then install rom instructions. All I see is "just like the other safestraps". I know i can play around, but I played around with my droid 2 which I bricked for a month until a patch came out.
  6. krazyace38

krazyace38 Member

You have to be in an ICS leak use this to root http://db.tt/1oYf2ZYt
    Just unzip to a folder on desktop then open the folder and click on run.batch after that follow this
    If you want to back up contacts and sms, use an app like Mobile Backup II and if you want to back up apps, use an app like App backup & Restore. Download and install Hashcodes safestrap v2.0 open safestrap and install recovery it should say installed and safe system not active. Reboot phone and at the safestrap splash screen tap the menu button; this will take to CWM recovery and then follow steps below.
    Safestrap instructions and flashing a zip file:

1. In main menu select backup and restore, select backup, select internal sd or external sd ( I recomend external just in case something happens and you loose everything on internal sd) and it will create a back up. Go back to main menu.
    2. In main menu select Wipe data/factory reset and select yes.
    3. In main menu select Wipe cache and select yes.
    4. In main menu select advanced and select Wipe delvik cache and yes. Go back to main menu.
    5. In main select safe system and toggle safe system and yes. This will turn safe system on and create a backup. Go back to main menu.
    6. Select install zip from sdcard and select choose install zip, scroll to where your zip is (rom if your installing a rom) and select it then select yes. This will flash the zip.
    7. Select go back to go back to main menu and select reboot phone.
    8. Sit back and relax till system is fully loaded and give it about 5 to 10 minutes to settle.
    Congratulations you have just installed safestrap, activated safe system and flashed a zip or rom and good to go. Enjoy :)

7. marcw

marcw New Member

Thanks!!
    Does the safestrap also root?
    Is there any Bionic Rom Versions that will not work(this is how i bricked my droid 2)

I am not a noob, just want to be cautious on my buddies bionic because Motorola phones have so many peculiarities. There is so little info about the bionic :-(
  8. krazyace38

krazyace38 Member

Safestrap doesn't root the phone it only gives u a safe way to flash roms that way if it bootloops then u can always recover from a bckup. Use the link in the post above that is razrs edge that will root the phone make sure ur phone is pluged into pc with the latest moto drivers installed run the razrs edge the way I explained and then install all safestrap 2.0 open safestrap and choose install recovery make surebu have a bionic rom downloaded and then turn off the phone and then back on when the safestrap boot logo comes up tap the menu key on the front of phone the one that looks like 4 squares that will take u to the safestrap menu then follow the instructions in the post above

9. krazyace38

krazyace38 Member

Only gingerbread roms won't work on ics

10. landon418

landon418 Theme Developer Theme Developer

Be warned Google now doesn't work =(
  11. landon418

landon418 Theme Developer Theme Developer

Also hw accel works
  12. deduct

deduct Well-Known Member

So no google apps or access to google backups then? But data and hardware acceleration good eh? May have to flash it later just to get a feel for jellybean then.
  13. krazyace38

krazyace38 Member

14. deduct

deduct Well-Known Member

Awesome. Rom and gapps on ext sd and ready to flash. That is as soon as battery has enough juice on it. Thanks guys.
  15. krazyace38

krazyace38 Member

Your welcome dude

16. jwilly216

jwilly216 New Member

The one reason I was about to flash this. Thanks for the heads up.
  17. wseyller

wseyller Member

The main advantages for getting Jelly Bean we will be lacking. So it is pointless to me to install a buggy rom not much more useful than ICS. This is basically a Jelly Bean system on top of an ICS kernel and radio.

Yeah you probably get Google Now to somewhat function but you can do the same within ICS. I currently have Google Now on my ics leak. Will likely never be as good as the real thing. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218277

Project butter is probably the most important addition from Jelly Bean. But your not gonna get that either.

About the only decent features you will get is the better widget management and a more interactive notification pull down.

Until we get Jelly Bean officially, get our bootloader unlocked, or find a way to load unsigned kernels then it is pointless to me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  18. deduct

deduct Well-Known Member

I have it set up and playing with it. I would love to run for awhile, but I can't get data to connect. On WiFi now. Going to try to get data by toggling between gsm and every other network mode for awhile. Wish I could get it going cause I love it so far and could definitely see using for a good while if I could just get data up.
  19. Vepaot

Vepaot Active Member

They never did get the ICS ROMS working with data and the camera, did they? That's kind of a deal breaker for me. I'll just stay on ICS and hope they get offline voice and maps working on that instead. :D
  20. wseyller

wseyller Member

We have ics leaked builds for the bionic now. This means the custom ics roms will be very stable because they will actually have an ics kernel and radio instead of running on top of gingerbread components.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Search tags for this page

bionic 232 to jelly bean

has anyone got jelly bean on bionic yet