iTunes iron grip

crspang

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...has-got-better-way-convert-itunes-videos.html

I saw this post a few minutes ago and it reminded me of why I never got caught up in the iTunes fad.

When iTunes was first launched and I researched it and saw how restrictive Apple was, I decided right then that I was not going use iTunes. I knew Apple's philosophical restrictiveness and me would never get along, so I didn't care when all my friends were going on and on about how iTunes was this and that and did this and that, I didn't care if they told me iTunes would mow my lawn and take out the trash I was never going to use it.

Now I see people having issues with syncing iTunes and whatever other kind problems they're having and all I'm thinking is; I TOLD YOU SO!

I'm not posting this to offend anyone, its just that I've never understood what was so difficult about copying a "music" folder from my PC and pasting it on my MP3 player. Another issue I have is that I can backup my media files to 25 different devices/computers if I want, but iTunes/Apple won't let you do that either.

So I guess what I really wanted to say is "No Thank you Apple, I'll keep my freedom to do it MY way!"

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...has-got-better-way-convert-itunes-videos.html

I saw this post a few minutes ago and it reminded me of why I never got caught up in the iTunes fad.

When iTunes was first launched and I researched it and saw how restrictive Apple was, I decided right then that I was not going use iTunes. I knew Apple's philosophical restrictiveness and me would never get along, so I didn't care when all my friends were going on and on about how iTunes was this and that and did this and that, I didn't care if they told me iTunes would mow my lawn and take out the trash I was never going to use it.

Now I see people having issues with syncing iTunes and whatever other kind problems they're having and all I'm thinking is; I TOLD YOU SO!

I'm not posting this to offend anyone, its just that I've never understood what was so difficult about copying a "music" folder from my PC and pasting it on my MP3 player. Another issue I have is that I can backup my media files to 25 different devices/computers if I want, but iTunes/Apple won't let you do that either.

So I guess what I really wanted to say is "No Thank you Apple, I'll keep my freedom to do it MY way!"

AMEN Brother! Those are my feelings exactly. And to add to it, I tried to use itunes for a short while and can't believe how poorly the interface is designed. It's just a terribly unintuitive mess!

OP
crspang

crspang

Reaction score

AMEN Brother! Those are my feelings exactly. And to add to it, I tried to use itunes for a short while and can't believe how poorly the interface is designed. It's just a terribly unintuitive mess!

unintuitive..........That's exactly how I felt about iTunes.
And I'll also add that I am, and have been for a long time, SICK of the iThis and iThat. The "i" has been so overused to the point that it is ridiculous.