How to get music on itunes on droid x? Doubletwist, or other alternatives

icebergshorty

Reaction score
I installed doubletwist and it recognize all my music and playlist on itunes as soon as I ran it. I went to sync all my music and when it finished it had only synced half of my music(881 songs out of 1599). I only have DRM on 5 songs that I purchased from itunes, so DRM can't be the issue. Doubletwist doesn't give me a reason on why half of my songs didn't sync. Can anyone help on this issue?

Does anyone think it would be easier just to import all my music from my ipod to a folder on my desktop then drag and drop to my droid x folder in my computer? I was thinking this option and just use doubletwist to transfer my itunes playlist.

OP
I

icebergshorty

Reaction score
Doubletwist is not syncing at all now

I deleted all the music off my droid x to start all over again and now doubletwist won't sync when I click to do so. It gives me a pop up message that says generic device, sync failed.

jamielm76

Reaction score
have you tried music wizard? the guy at the verizon store recommended it, i tried it and it beats everything else i've used. very easy to navigate- and turn into ringtones if ya want-and you can choose what part of the song you want to use or the whole thing if ya feel like it :) if you go into the market there are 2 music wizards one just shows a music note icon, the other one looks like a donut with a music note on top of it...use the donut lookin one-that way you can use it for music or for ringtones (the other one only allows for the music portion-cannot be used as ringtone)

OP
I

icebergshorty

Reaction score
I might try that for the ringtone, cause that sounds cool. I got doubletwist to start syncing my music again, so we'll see if it works now. Though some of my music when I go to play it in my itunes now won't play. I get a message saying file location can't be found.

crees81

Reaction score
I have been using iSyncr and it works great. It costs 3 bucks but is well worth it. It's really fast and has a wireless sync add on as well.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I have been using iSyncr and it works great. It costs 3 bucks but is well worth it. It's really fast and has a wireless sync add on as well.

^ iSyncr is the best. If you're desperate you can always use Vcastmedia manager (download via verizon site) and put the phone into Sync mode.

entrepreneur

Reaction score
I installed doubletwist and it recognize all my music and playlist on itunes as soon as I ran it. I went to sync all my music and when it finished it had only synced half of my music(881 songs out of 1599). I only have DRM on 5 songs that I purchased from itunes, so DRM can't be the issue. Doubletwist doesn't give me a reason on why half of my songs didn't sync. Can anyone help on this issue?

Does anyone think it would be easier just to import all my music from my ipod to a folder on my desktop then drag and drop to my droid x folder in my computer? I was thinking this option and just use doubletwist to transfer my itunes playlist.

I guess Doubletwist may not friendly for Droid X, or there is a bug for this app ... Additionally, why not drag your iTunes songs from your computer to droid x SD Card derectly? I have been doing this for my Droid x. As for DRMed songs, you can remove drm from iTunes and this method is legal ...

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
I connected my phone to my computer via usb and nothing happened, do I need it some sort of mode for it to come up automatically? When I plug in my ipod, itunes pops up automatically, will the phone pop up like that automatically once its connected?

Thanks.