I would like to sync iTunes with my DROID, possible or not?

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
OK, so I have had an iPhone since May 2009, and it was all well and good until I moved. No service the last 6-9 months, spotty at best. Fast forward to the beginning of last week, I found out that I could get a DROID with a 2 yr contract through VZW for $19.99, so I ordered 2. One for my wife, and one for me.

Anyway, I have become quite accustomed to the way iTunes organizes all of my music, and I have all of my music in iTunes as it is.

So, is it possible to sync the DROID with iTunes?

FWIW, I have a 21.5" iMac running Mac OS X 10.6.3. I have seen solutions out there to do just this on Windows, but never for a Mac. Hence, the problem.

Anyone?

OP
F

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
Nevermind, found a program called doubleTwist. Seems to work OK, will see on Friday for sure when the actual device gets here. Thanks anyway.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely try searching. iTunes sync is discussed quite a bit here and the existing threads are pretty good about offering up the various options that are out there.

I've been using iTunes Agent and I'm happy with it but it doesn't sync playlists. It associates devices with playlists so that the contents of the playlist are what is synced to the device(s).

stevehy

Reaction score
Sailing Media Sync will replicate your iTunes experience including photos, videos, audiobooks, and podcasts. Has granular settings to adjust to your needs. I have been using the paid version since January with complete satisfaction.

Reaction score
doubletwist works. But for your older songs you might need to upgrade your itunes and get rid of the drm protection.

OP
F

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
Sailing Media Sync will replicate your iTunes experience including photos, videos, audiobooks, and podcasts. Has granular settings to adjust to your needs. I have been using the paid version since January with complete satisfaction.

I noticed Salling Media Sync is free, unless you pay for it and then it says it syncs faster. What's that all about?

stevehy

Reaction score
Paid version vastly increases speed over usb, that's all. All versions sync playlists, etc.

OP
F

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
Got it. I'll try the free one first and see how I like it. Thanks.

Any solution for Contacts? Without transferring them to Google, etc... or do I just have to fill those in manually? I have them saved in my Address Book app on the Mac.

ThePerfectScore

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I am now syncing my itunes from my MacBook OS X 10.4.11. I'll let you guys know how it goes. The sync is slow. It's saying its going to take around 30 mins for 1075 songs, so I guess that's not so bad! I really cannot believe i have that many songs.

eta: OMG I love love Salling Media Sync for Mac. It synced my music and playlists perfectly from Itunes on my Mac.

Last edited:

liam.

Reaction score
Where do I download this salling media sync?
Is it worth the paid version?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

liam.

Reaction score
So I downloaded the program earlier to my Mac and just downloaded 3 different playlists each one at a time and now only one shows up on my phone. WTF?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk