Itunes like App for Droid

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by dolpns13, Jul 9, 2010.

1. DeadlyAP1

DeadlyAP1 Member

Ratings:
    +0

You may have spelled "manager" wrong. Here's a link:

Motorola Media Link - Motorola USA

2. Sweet Kitten Feet

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I added a test playlist My droid device in iTunes. Then told agent to sync. It moved the music, but it wasn't organized in the playlist name I gave it. And it's a pain to manually create a playlist on the droid.

And this motorola medialink thing is ****. I downloaded the installer and it just keeps running, restarting my machine, and running again. Never actually installs anything. Even gave me a system startup error on one of the restarts. Avoid.

I still have double twist and hwile it can take a while to sync, so far it's the only thing I've found the syncs music AND organizes in a playlist.

3. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, google is planning on releasing its own music service and are going to make an app for android phones. This will be the iTunes/iPhone deal, but for all android phones. This should be out by the end of the year.

4. EVANGELIONHD

EVANGELIONHD New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HERE the direct link motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Software/Motorola-Media-Link-US-EN

5. EVANGELIONHD

EVANGELIONHD New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    did you reboot your computer??

It opens automatically when you plug your droid with usb, don't forget to mount the sd card... before start syncing.

6. Sweet Kitten Feet

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I finally got medialink to download and install. but it didn't download and install any drivers. I opened it up and told it clean and download new drivers. Been stuck there making no progress for about 10 minutes. What a piece of ****.

7. Sweet Kitten Feet

Ratings:
    +0
    Found it!! It's called iSyncr. Available in the market. There's a free version. It works. I downloaded the full version after testing the free version.

I've got it paired with mixzing for the music player.

ANybody use btunes? Is it worth it?

8. dolpns13

dolpns13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just installed isyncr too. Have you used it yet? I will try to sync it with my itunes tomorrow

9. robyr

robyr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am just going to take this time to have an extra special geek moment.

My Ubuntu boxes sync with my Droid perfectly. I use a program called Banshee, a sort of iTunes alternative for Ubuntu. Sync's playlists, podcasts, you name it. And if Banshee isn't your cup of tea, there is Exhaile, Rhythmbox, Amarok etc etc.

This is actually the first time I think I can concretely say that this is an unequivocal victory for Open Source and Linux in general.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled program. (Oh, by the way, I can sync over Wifi, too. :p )

10. dolpns13

dolpns13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the help. I found it. Only problem is it will install the drivers, but thats it. It said all the drivers were installed correctly, but there is no icon to run the application. There is an icon in the program files in the motorola folder that says "app". I assume you can click this to run the application, but when I do nothing happens.

11. Sweet Kitten Feet

Ratings:
    +0
    Media link stats automatically only when you connect your droid. Mine would never instal the drivers though. Just did nothing.

And yes I did use isyncr. It works. Imports music AND playlists.

12. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It certainly can but it's not just a matter of coding the app. The infrastructure behind it all also has to be in place.

This is one of those areas where the users fall short. Google doesn't have to provide every solution out-of-the-box. Is your PC worthless because it doesn't ship with all the apps that you use?

That said, I would agree that for the average consumer, it would benefit Android to have such a solution included with the Android device. However, I don't see how they can just offer "universal support" as you're suggesting.

Have you checked out the Applications forum? It's discussed there.

#36 takeshi, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
Search tags for this page
android app like itunes
android app similar to itunes
android apps like itunes
is there a program like itunes for android
itunes like app and program for android

itunes like app for android

itunes like app for droid

music program like itunes for driod
programs like itunes for android